• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Latest projects.

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
I made a matching boing, atom perch with ceiling protector, and perch for the outside of the cage for my future bird. I also made some Valentine toys and an Easter toy for my daughter's budgie. I also ground down the sharp edges of those plastic spring cat toys and coiled them over the bars of the cage for my bird. It's going to be months before my bird's parents even lay more eggs. I'm crafting to help pass the time.

The perches are made with anti-pill fleece. Any wire used was stainless steel hangers I straightened then bent as needed. The atom perch used 14 inch embroidery hoops.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
What are the springs for or from? Any chance of a link for them?

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
The atom is so cute love everything!

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Cool!

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
What are the springs for or from? Any chance of a link for them?
They're common cat toys found at most pet stores. They're just there as a thing to fiddle with and slide around. The edges were too sharp for my comfort though, so I ground down the ends before hanging them. They've never bothered my cat but I worried bird skin would be far more delicate.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
They're common cat toys found at most pet stores. They're just there as a thing to fiddle with and slide around. The edges were too sharp for my comfort though, so I ground down the ends before hanging them. They've never bothered my cat but I worried bird skin would be far more delicate.
Never seen them at any cat lovers houses... I don’t go to pet stores.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Oh wow!! If you lived closer I’d put you to work! :lol:I’m going to try that pull down toy! Love that.

how are you making the spiral boing! I think I understand the concept but then I can’t figure out how you wrap so it won’t just spin as the bird goes up and down on it...some things me not so smart!!:arghh::banghead:

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
how are you making the spiral boing! I think I understand the concept but then I can’t figure out how you wrap so it won’t just spin as the bird goes up and down on it...some things me not so smart!!:arghh::banghead:
It's braided, rather than wrapped. I used a 4 strand braid and braided over the stainless steel core. Then I twisted it into shape once the braid was secure.