• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Larry, Curly and Moe -- foiled again!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:lol: a pole dancing raccoon.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Jack says he’s tired of the whole wild bird feeding thing because he can’t outsmart the raccoons!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Jack says he’s tired of the whole wild bird feeding thing because he can’t outsmart the raccoons!
I don't know how high the trays would have to be to prevent jumping, but I see they make baffles to stop the pole climbing. Raccoon Proof Poles at Backyard Wild Birds
Maybe Jack could figure out a DIY type of thing for the pole.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Raccoons, at least wild ones, tend to be pretty foul tempered too and obviously very smart. I had a couple around the yard for a while, I think they were living under my mini barn or at least hiding from the horrible winter weather last year under it. I kept hearing noises at night so I checked my security cameras and there they were running around trying to eat anything resembling food and chewing stuff up. They would run along the fences or the roof to get where they wanted to go. I got clued in when we saw footprints in the snow in the driveway and later my front yard security camera got pointed at the ground suddenly one night so I thought someone came next to the fence to disable it. Turned out a fat raccoon that jumped from the roof onto the camera to get to the fence.
I like sound your camera picks up and I think I could ad a microphone to mine but not a huge priority.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Raccoons, at least wild ones, tend to be pretty foul tempered too and obviously very smart. I had a couple around the yard for a while, I think they were living under my mini barn or at least hiding from the horrible winter weather last year under it. I kept hearing noises at night so I checked my security cameras and there they were running around trying to eat anything resembling food and chewing stuff up. They would run along the fences or the roof to get where they wanted to go. I got clued in when we saw footprints in the snow in the driveway and later my front yard security camera got pointed at the ground suddenly one night so I thought someone came next to the fence to disable it. Turned out a fat raccoon that jumped from the roof onto the camera to get to the fence.
I like sound your camera picks up and I think I could ad a microphone to mine but not a huge priority.

i didn't hear any sound in this video! And re jumping on cameras, one raccoon got recorded jumping on the camera which is totally out of the way, so for no reason, and knocking it off the ledge! He was just a bored raccoon!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well it's been blowing really hard outside and the fan vents keep clanking so maybe it was that. It's 27 here right now and has been snowing and ice pellets all morning.

Nope, I just put my quality ear buds in and when he jumps on the feeder you can hear it so make sure your speakers are on turned up. All the indoor cameras have audio and your nest cam certainly does so if it is inside pointed to a window that must have been really loud to actually pick it up.
I like to turn on the audio with my similar camera when checking on Dobby and I can ad a microphone to my pc and talk back over the camera too if I wanted. I bet that would get his attention :rofl:

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Well it's been blowing really hard outside and the fan vents keep clanking so maybe it was that. It's 27 here right now and has been snowing and ice pellets all morning.

Nope, I just put my quality ear buds in and when he jumps on the feeder you can hear it so make sure your speakers are on turned up. All the indoor cameras have audio and your nest cam certainly does so if it is inside pointed to a window that must have been really loud to actually pick it up.
I like to turn on the audio with my similar camera when checking on Dobby and I can ad a microphone to my pc and talk back over the camera too if I wanted. I bet that would get his attention :rofl:

the camera sits outside on a ledge, it's plugged in indoors through a tiny gap in the window. Your ears and earbuds are supersensitive! I can't even hear the wood pecker chirping outside the window when my OH calls me to come listen! nestcams have two way communication too! I gifted one to my vet and when she went on summer vacation, she said they talked with the birds at home. I haven't tried that feature yet.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Boy, those raccoons are very determined!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
They must be masters at obtaining food! I've been wondering if I had a raccoon on my roof the other night. It sounded too loud to be a rodent! Whatever it is is getting under my house too, and it sounds SO loud! I sure hope they don't clog up the exhaust vent in the kitchen... ugh.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yeah, getting older but ears still work though I get a bit of noise in them now. I always put in foam ear protection when using the grinders at work, I like my music.
the camera sits outside on a ledge, it's plugged in indoors through a tiny gap in the window. Your ears and earbuds are supersensitive! I can't even hear the wood pecker chirping outside the window when my OH calls me to come listen! nestcams have two way communication too! I gifted one to my vet and when she went on summer vacation, she said they talked with the birds at home. I haven't tried that feature yet.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yeah, getting older but ears still work though I get a bit of noise in them now. I always put in foam ear protection when using the grinders at work, I like my music.
Good for you protecting your ears, I have lost 50% hearing — wearing hearings aids for 3 years now. And they only help, they dont really fix the problem.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yep, my mom and step dad both have/had them and even for mom with brand new ones she hears like a brick. She was always complaining step dad couldn't hear and didn't realize she was probably even worse.
She worked as a cook in a restaurant for years and it destroyed her ears. I think my left ear is starting to roll off a bit but I still hear pretty good even with the slight tinnitus or whatever it is. I always hated super loud noises, though I like loud and clean music as long as it isn't hurting my ears though I don't listen like I used to.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow.....I love raccoons. Had no idea they could leap that high! And what super strength to pull up like that!