• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lake turtle keeps coming back!

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
My family owns a property on the lake, and last month this baby turtle came swimming up to us while my siblings and I were in the water. It was the cutest thing! It swam right up into our hands, and every time we tried to release him he would swim back to us like he didn't want to go. We played with him for about an hour maybe before we had to leave. My parents swore he was going to die since he was so human-friendly, and they thought he wouldn't know how to survive.

Well a month later, look who came back to visit!!

image1.jpg This was when he first came up to us, he was so tiny!! Probably two US quarters big

image0.jpg And this was today!! He swam right up to us again and didn't want to leave. Obviously, we aren't completely sure it's the same turtle, but it'd be a huge coincidence if it wasn't the same turtle! We named him Squishy and gave him some fish that we had caught before sending him on his way. I hope he keeps coming back to visit :D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute! And tell your sister (?) that I love her fingernails :)

Chris1234

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chris
So cute! We were playing sand volleyball once and five baby turtles walked through. We kept stopping to let them cross. They're just adorable!

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
aww so cute do u have any other lake wildliife pics? cuz as everyone knows by know . . . I NEED ALL THE PICTURES! :lol:

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
aww so cute do u have any other lake wildliife pics? cuz as everyone knows by know . . . I NEED ALL THE PICTURES! :lol:
I don’t always have my phone with me sadly, I rely on my brother to take those pictures. We have a bunch of lake otters that will come up to our dock every once in awhile, I’ll try to get pictures of them the next time I see!

Gigibirds

Aww, adorable! It looks like a red-eared slider or something...very very cute!! Oh, yes, PLEASE get pictures of the otters!!!

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Otters are so cute sadly I’ve only ever seen them at the zoo, but still soooo cute!!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I love pictures of wildlife of any kind. Even obnoxious ones.