• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lafeber Senior Nutriberries 3 pound bag arriving as one big clump.

redrose27

Strolling the yard
So recently I have been doing some math. Currently im spending around 60 dollars a month (20 dollars every 12 days) for lafebers Senior nutriberries from amazon. I run out of 2 10oz bags in 12 days. And I keep running into the same issue where I end up having to order them again the day I run out or the day before I run out. And its very difficult since kony (bird) wont eat the pellets unless I turn them into mesh which sometimes I dont even have time for or the supplies to do so with my busy life right now. So instead of stuggling with buying on time and running out so fast I decided to try the 3 pound bag to see if it will last much longer and save me some money. Only issue is that on amazon many people have complained that the food arrives as one giant clump, or a giant crumbled mess in the bag. Instead of a bunch of round balls of food like the product describes. Due to this im sceptical of buying it from amazon so I looked into other retailers and it appears that Chewy also sells the same 3 pound bag but all the reviews are recent and 5 stars. There are only 5 reviews and I worry that these are fake reviews and that if I order it from chewy or anywhere else that it will just arrive as one big clump. Just like people have complained about on amazon. So I was wondering if anyone here purchases the same 3 pound bag of food and how does it arrive for them? Does it arrive as one big clump or a pile of crumbled food? Or does it arrive as described, a bunch of round balls of food?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I buy the smaller bags to keep it fresh longer.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've ordered them from both Chewy and Petco without issues

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If it gets super hot, it’ll arrive in a giant clump. Nothing to do but complain to God about the weather. Really haven’t found a way to get around that, and my birds eat it just fine either way. Chewy has pretty good customer service and they’d probably take care of you if it did happen to arrive like that.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I had a 20lb box arrive clumped...just had to hammer it out. You can order directly from Lafeber. My orders directly have tended to be better. Also, you can freeze nutriberries. Way back when I only had a few, I would freeze them in gallon bags and 20 lbs would last three months. Now 20lbs only lasts a month.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I keep running into the same issue where I end up having to order them again the day I run out or the day before I run out. And its very difficult since kony (bird) wont eat the pellets
If last year's supply chain issues taught us anything, it's that we need to be responsible for managing our own personal inventories of essential items.
Based on your math, you should be placing an order when you have 5 bags left if you want to maintain a 1 month buffer. Place an order when you have 2 bags left if you're comfortable with a 2 week buffer.
If you don't adopt that practice, switching to 3lb bags won't reduce your risk of running out if you continue to place the order when you run out.

Last edited:

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I feel this deeply, every time the pudgy poop head cockatiel feeds his bowl of nutriberries (berry by berry) to the darn Labradors! I shouldn’t be going through 20 pounds a month!
Wow! :lol:My Phoenix would have never dreamt of doing that; she guarded her nutriberries with her life. Was also willing to eat them in practically any form.

"yummy"
1623201308058.png

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I order the 3lb coantainer of regular nutriberries from amazon, so far I haven't had any issues and they all arrive seperated in their natural round shape

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
@Greylady1966 may chime in here, she gets these same 3lb bags from my store.

I too use many 3lb bags myself and haven't had any of them be a hard clump. Then again, they don't sit around on the shelves here either they sell out quickly so my stock is always fresh.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
All of the 3lb bags of senior nutriberries I have gotten from Kazoo Bird and Company have been perfect. Before I had gotten the smaller bags from the pet stores and both times they were one big clump. Claire gives me a heads up when she knows I might be needing some because she's organized and I'm not :hilarious: