• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lady Goulidians website question

Ephy

Walking the driveway
Hey.

Sorry If i am not suppose to mention this website, but i have a question for anyone else that has come across it.

There is an incredible amount of information on that sight and treatments all specific to finches.

Just like you should never google a symptom, i probably spent way too long reading the articles and freaked myself out about nutritional deficiency symptoms, importance of proper humidity, parasites and the horrors of never ending war with mite infestations.

I am almost on the verge of running out and impulse buying a jewellers magnify glass and a binocular microscope (if thats even possible) so I can teach myself how to dentify pathogens.

And all the supplements and treatments they do for preventingworms and mites. My mind is blown.

I mean, what do you think of this website, anyone purchase the supplements suggested for their birds?

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Just as a general rule, large-scale breeders see much more disease than regular owners. When you have birds constantly coming and going from your facility, you need to be extremely cautious, and if you're not, the results can be disastrous. If you're a normal owner of a handful of finches, disease is a lot less common. That's not to say to not be vigilant, but don't freak out without cause.