• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ladies and gents, we have hormones!

Galadriel

Meeting neighbors
Stitch, our sweet, funny, chatty, personable quaker is starting his transformation into SATAN! He's about 15 months old, is wrapping up a pretty good molt, and is getting super witchy.
The budgie is also feeling the need to breed, but she's much easier to deal with.
No worries, though! I have a 13 year old son and a 15 year old daughter. Quaker puberty will be a cakewalk ;)
20190922_174212.jpg

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lotsa misting to help w/ the molting can help them be a little less miserable. W/ 2 teens you got hormones atop of hormones. I'll stay right here! :cautious:

I mix organic camomile tea in Buddys sprouts every few days, this can help w/ the bird grouchies too!

:smileflower: something happy just for you!:cantwait:

:bighug:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
He definitely has that :devil: look in his eyes...hang in there!

Galadriel

Meeting neighbors
He's a pretty good bird, even when he's PMS-y. He knows I'll put his little feathered butt in bird jail if he gets TOO mean.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Keoki has been exhi-biting behavior. LOL Boy does he gets in to a MOOD. Then its like a switch and its all over and he is all happy, talking, etc.

tjc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tammy
What is it with Quakers? Mine has pin feathers on his head for 12 months. He will not let me touch him, ever. He use to build with his sticks without a problem. Now if I let him he gets hormonal. And, I watch his foods sleep time, lighting, etc.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
What is it with Quakers? Mine has pin feathers on his head for 12 months. He will not let me touch him, ever. He use to build with his sticks without a problem. Now if I let him he gets hormonal. And, I watch his foods sleep time, lighting, etc.
@CrazyBirdChick seemed to have the same issues with her male quaker, Blu, when he was in build mode. I think she just took away his materials so he wouldnt be so mean.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
@CrazyBirdChick seemed to have the same issues with her male quaker, Blu, when he was in build mode. I think she just took away his materials so he wouldnt be so mean.
Well, embarrassing enough, I gave those back to him when he became too obsessed with the heating/ac vent and chewing up the door frames. It's the only thing that keeps him busy. He's still mean as all heck but I try my best to just accept it for what it is. I know that's probably not good but I don't know what else to do

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Well, embarrassing enough, I gave those back to him when he became too obsessed with the heating/ac vent and chewing up the door frames. It's the only thing that keeps him busy. He's still mean as all heck but I try my best to just accept it for what it is. I know that's probably not good but I don't know what else to do
Understandable. Sometimes it is choosing the lesser of two evils :hug4:

Galadriel

Meeting neighbors
I'm pretty sure Quakers are just brats. For me, his sweet/hilarious moments outweigh the brattiness.
The head pinfeathers are the worst! Stitch has had his for about 3 months, and he loathes being misted. In true teen boy fashion, he also only bathes once a week. Fortunately, he seems to enjoy having them cracked open a few at a time, he he's almost back to normal head-fluff.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm pretty sure Quakers are just brats. For me, his sweet/hilarious moments outweigh the brattiness.
...brats...yeah, for sure.

I like my birds on the "zesty" side...self confident and perhaps full of themselves.

Sounds like a description of most Quakers, don't you think? ;)

tjc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tammy
I’ve started target training with Boo and he loves it. I’m hoping to redirect his energy into something worthwhile. For the longest I couldn’t find a reward treat he would work for and I finally settled on small pieces of sunflower seeds. When I get the target stick out he gets excited. I’m also going to bump up the foraging situation.