• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kyliegh's DIY'd Playstand

Birdy888

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James
I am building a playstand for Kyliegh who is a Goffin's cockatoo. I am constructing the core first. I only need to add a couple of boards to act as feet then the core will be done.

The playstand has 4 brackets. I will attach modules to each bracket. The modules will have different activities for Kyliegh. The modules will be attached with stainless steel screws and wing nuts. That will let me detach the modules for easy cleaning. I'll also be able to repair each module. It also makes it easy to just rearrange the modules to keep things interesting for her.

I'm sure those who use table saws to cut wood for their birds know how important safety is. Today my left middle finger got cut. I was rushing to get all the wood I needed cut for the first module. My wife and I had some errands to run so I wanted to get everything done in time. Thankfully I didn't need stitches. I did get an almost dime sized piece of skin shaved off the tip of my finger however. I am bringing this up in the hopes that it will keep others from doing the same thing. That's the first time I got got cut on a table saw. It will be the last time if I have anything to say about it.

I am attaching a picture of the stand as it is right now. I leaned the stand since I don't have the feet attached yet. That's why it looks like the play stand is leaning.

Attachments

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm so sorry your finger was injured. You must really love this bird or something! ;):D

I can't wait to see the finished product, possibly with a darling model? And the module idea sounds so cool!

Birdy888

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James
Believe it or not it wasn't as painful as one would think. I totally love this bird. It is true. Kyliegh is still scared of the stand but once I get the modules done as well as the ladder I think she's going to love it. I will take pictures and make a video or 2 once she's on it.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's wonderful

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I really like that. It looks really sturdy, mine aren't lol. I have been considering making Lovie a new stand. His is chewed up. If you can, please show pictures of the final product!

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I love seeing diy playstands, make sure to give us some pictures of when it's finished!