• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Koko

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
We adopted Koko on November 30th and I have learned a lot about her personality! I wrote on the forum I was having problems getting her to go into her house at night. I watched her and found out it's a game to her. As soon as she sees our Amazons go in she runs to the top of her play stand and yells come here. I found out if I play like I'm going to get her she'll laugh and than go in. It sure helps.. :) 20200121_150640.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Awwww she’s so beautiful :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's beautiful!

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
She has a sense of humor! She loves to get Howard and Billy our BF going and than just sits there and laughs. The louder they yell the happier she is:)

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
@Shezbug are all BG pretty laid back?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
@Greylady1966 I am not really sure as I am only personally familiar with a few B&G's, @Macawnutz would be the one to answer that question with a lot more knowledge and experience.

All the B&G's I do know and have met are quite confident and chill at the same time as being cheeky and adorable :heart:
I am sure there are some out there that are highly strung or grumpy....I guess it would come down to the individual bird and what life experiences it has had.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Koko is beautiful. Her coloring is spot on. Mine, JaJaBinks, was a rescue. She had been abused & neglected. Her golden yellow was lemon yellow when I got her due to lack of proper nutrition. It took us 6 weeks to get her past ACKING all day long. She lunged a lot if you got close to her & ran screaming if she thought you were going to touch her. After she learned to trust me she brought out her silly personality. She's also very curious. I can touch her everywhere, grab her beak, feet, stick my fingers in her beak & touch her tongue. She only leaves her cage if she wants something to eat or to find me. Otherwise she'll sit on top & look out the window. We went away once, for 3 hours, & came home to find we'd forgotten to put her away. There she was sitting on top of her cage looking out the window. If she's off her cage & trying to get into something I tell her "I'm gonna get your butt feathers" & off she goes back to her cage. She dances, waves her wing bye-bye & says bye-bye, asks if the food you give her or you are eating is good, then says UMMM Good, plays a scream game by making up sounds she wants me to repeat, etc. B&G's tend to be very forgiving if they trust you. They love silly & they love games.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
@Toy Thank you. I think she's perfect! She's 31 and had lived with the same person for 28 or 29 years than went to live with the people I adopted her from. They had to re-home her for medical reasons but was very bonded to her. I was worried about how much she had been thru. Losing her first family and than her second. She's funny, smart and beautiful. I'm thankful we were able to have her join our family :)

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
We adopted Koko on November 30th and I have learned a lot about her personality! I wrote on the forum I was having problems getting her to go into her house at night. I watched her and found out it's a game to her. As soon as she sees our Amazons go in she runs to the top of her play stand and yells come here. I found out if I play like I'm going to get her she'll laugh and than go in. It sure helps.. :) View attachment 326266
That's the way to do it....birds seem to like bed time games, they'll play it even if your not up to it.
Grey grey likes to ring every bell on his toys around cage to announce that it's bed time.
I put a cow bell in his cage, was cute at first, now's it's a headache!!! Bong bong bong for about 10 minutes! Lucky for me I have selective hearing....lol.

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
She's really beautiful :heart: