• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Koko 5 eggs

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Our Savanah girl would keep laying if we hadn’t moved her into a totally different room with all new toys and perches. I was so happy, she has totally stopped for 5 years now and if any of our other girls start acting hormonal we move the view of their place of nesting and it has worked every time with them as well.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I have changed toys ect around in house but will do it again. I'll find a different spot in the house for her too. Thank you for the advice.
Carol

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have changed toys ect around in house but will do it again. I'll find a different spot in the house for her too. Thank you for the advice.
Carol
They find a comfortable breeding environment and when that is ruffled up with a new view for them we have found they no longer want to lay eggs in an odd place for them. Just the other day our HY girls would’ve leave their cage floor and we switched the cage view with another cage and they came up and haven’t gone to the bottom for 2 weeks now.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
They find a comfortable breeding environment and when that is ruffled up with a new view for them we have found they no longer want to lay eggs in an odd place for them. Just the other day our HY girls would’ve leave their cage floor and we switched the cage view with another cage and they came up and haven’t gone to the bottom for 2 weeks now.
That's awesome JR! I hope that continues to work for you! Savanah was determined if I recall.

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, Savanah was our worry and she is our only B&G female. I have read also that B&Gs are noted for high egg laying compared to other macaw species.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
No egg last night. She got kind of wild and wasn't too happy she hasn't gotten her shoulder time with me the last two nights. She loves to cuddle with me but I've limited that so she pouted at bedtime. I always give her a walnut at night but last night her threw it down and stared at the wall. She'll get over it.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
And pout she did! I played catch with her and hide and seek which she loves so it's not like I'm ignoring her. Lol