• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Kobe whistling

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
So adorable! :loveshower:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwwe! Poor Kobe :heart: Are yougetting picked on for being tuneless? Buddy's tuneless too, little one (Just don't tell him Momma said it! :laugh-bounce: ) ;)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Does Kobe play the repeat the whistle game too? Dobby will make a whistle or noise and wait for us to repeat it. He'll even do it from his favorite spots in the house and get all excited and make all kinds of noises back and all that.

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Thanks everyone. Dobby's whistling game sounds like great fun, Terry! I don't usually whistle around Kobe as he can get over excited which spills over into aggression. But sometimes he goes into the zone like he did in the video.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Yep, when we hear happy whistling and noises we start looking for him because he's usually up to something. You could try copying his whistling from a safe distance and see how he does.
We're lucky that Momazon and her daughter socialized him so well that he usually just backs off if he's not happy and the worst I've ever got was a hard pinch and occasional ferocious beaking.
It's such a nice change from grumpy old Lurch.

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Yep, when we hear happy whistling and noises we start looking for him because he's usually up to something. You could try copying his whistling from a safe distance and see how he does.
We're lucky that Momazon and her daughter socialized him so well that he usually just backs off if he's not happy and the worst I've ever got was a hard pinch and occasional ferocious beaking.
It's such a nice change from grumpy old Lurch.
When he would fly into the bathroom and start throwing everything off the counter, I would say, hey, what's the Big Naughty doing? He would cackle and say DobbyDobby, good boy. The whistles were all him and my daughter singing and answering each other. I think he would have been a chatterbox anyway lol. I love that you are whistling back to him!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He really loves it so both of us do it, and he does say Dobby good boy a lot in my voice. And we certainly hear the cackle enough as he looks at you with a gleam in his eye and takes a couple more chomps. :xflove:
He's snoozing on the big step ladder in sisters bedroom right now...

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
He really has such a big personality and energy level. I am so glad you have him!