• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Koalas Getting Help

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The news people report today, Sunday, over 1 million animals have lost their lives in the Australian fires. There are heros helping them out all over the world.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This just breaks my heart. Even tho it's so far away, it's Very Real! TY for making us all more aware!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I saw this clip floating around social media. Such an incredible woman, an inspiration. I hope this koala is recovering, poor little guy :(

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope the world doesn't loose these little fuzzy beauties, they're so close to extinction & this is a true travesty.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I don't think I want to watch...its all too much. I heard 1 billion...Just wondering why its NSW & S Australia. Still there were a few in Kangaroo island I think a lightning sparked. Still its not in Queensland in the north...just eastern NSW & south...
Wondering if its a huge conspiracy just too many fires. It goes against probability like all AA members winning the lottery...its just not normal. Fire gods are upset & wrecking havoc down under...

Hotter up north in Queensland but also on the coast more humidity & more rainfall but not everywhere. For all its a continent & the lower east is all on fire the size of England to tip of Italy...

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Even the birds already have learned the fire warning...
We've not seen as many parrots over the years as of the drought. They are moving on & now with the fires there homes are being decimated. Sure they can fly but they do have territories & are not always accepted into others & chased off. So the animals birds its just devastating

Bryan Black

Strolling the yard
Back when the California fires were going on there were some videos about a beam being able to be seen. I guess the conspiracy was some kind of new weapon ro something...

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Every time I see that video it saddens me. I saw her interview a while ago after saving this koala. I don't think he was able to recover from his wounds from one news report... I'm fairly certain it was about this poor little one.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I really wish our government would put out information on how to properly help these Koalas and some of our other wildlife.......they should not be given water like that as it is very easy for them to aspirate so unfortunately many think they are doing the right thing only to be causing other damages to the poor things. It is beyond beautiful to see so many helping like they are but unfortunate that so many do not realize there are much safer ways to help them.
I heard that there have been massive drops of carrots for the roos to eat in areas where the grasses have been burnt and there is no food for them.
I wish this was all over but I fear it is only going to continue to get worse in certain areas :(

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I saw on FB where some groups were making pouches to send the animals that stay in them when they are young. Also the adult coloring group I am in Intricate Ink Animals in Detail by artist Tim Jeffs is doing two things. For every Australian animal he has drawn and we color people are donating money, including the coloring supply company. Its up several hundred dollars now.
I have colored a few. Its something little but we see people wanting to join the group just to donate.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
This is what our children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and generations to come will inherit and live with if leaders around the world don't pay attention to what our individual climates are telling us. Climate change cannot and should not be ignored. Mankind will end up paying dearly for this mistake.