• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Knowing you

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Do your parrots/bird know you without hearing you eg footsteps movement etc

my husband gets up an hour before me he said this morning “I know when your up birds go mad I swear they know your footsteps”
He always says they are quite when I am at work too
They do whisTle when my husband whistle dogs to go out even on a night

if I walk upstairs they flock call they dont do it with my husband or daughter if I am not going in I just whistle and they are happy again

does anyone else do this or is it just accident when they call ?

what do your birds react too ?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Mine definitely do. Milton and Elvis both know when my car pulls up in the driveway. And neither of them can see the driveway from where they are. Elvis also seems to know when I open my eyes in the morning. Seriously. He will be quiet, I open my eyes- and screams! Now, my bedroom is above where his cage is downstairs. So maybe he can hear me somehow? I don't know. But they all know the difference between me moving around and the fiance. The only one who cares about the fiance is Rosie. LOL. Sweet old man. The rest are like- go away, where's mom? ;):laugh:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
All my guys know when I get home but i think its more the dogs barking then anything ..They do know when I get up though and start talking and calling for me to put up their covers :)

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Mine definitely do. Milton and Elvis both know when my car pulls up in the driveway. And neither of them can see the driveway from where they are. Elvis also seems to know when I open my eyes in the morning. Seriously. He will be quiet, I open my eyes- and screams! Now, my bedroom is above where his cage is downstairs. So maybe he can hear me somehow? I don't know. But they all know the difference between me moving around and the fiance. The only one who cares about the fiance is Rosie. LOL. Sweet old man. The rest are like- go away, where's mom? ;):laugh:
Love they know noise of your car

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
All my guys know when I get home but i think its more the dogs barking then anything ..They do know when I get up though and start talking and calling for me to put up their covers :)
Dogs may definitely give you away :rofl:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Do your parrots/bird know you without hearing you eg footsteps movement etc

my husband gets up an hour before me he said this morning “I know when your up birds go mad I swear they know your footsteps”
He always says they are quite when I am at work too
They do whisTle when my husband whistle dogs to go out even on a night

if I walk upstairs they flock call they dont do it with my husband or daughter if I am not going in I just whistle and they are happy again

does anyone else do this or is it just accident when they call ?

what do your birds react too ?
Oh yes.

The very SECOND Isadora hears me, she’s screaming.

I don’t know how but she can tell who is in the kitchen, on the other side of a shut door, with her cage covered. She knows if it’s Jay (she makes no noise) or if it’s me (the demonic seagull awakens) :roflmao:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Oh yes.

The very SECOND Isadora hears me, she’s screaming.

I don’t know how but she can tell who is in the kitchen, on the other side of a shut door, with her cage covered. She knows if it’s Jay (she makes no noise) or if it’s me (the demonic seagull awakens) :roflmao:
How do they know my husband hates it when I am up about 5;45 for work as they start flock calling haha

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
All my birds know who it is before they can see us. My lovebirds henkie and Feanor know hem I am awake too, like @sunnysmom they seem to know when I open my eyes. When I wake up in the middle of the night, after a couple seconde I can hear them moving around and making some quiet noises. That has always been so remarkable to me, perhaps they hear somehow, when we slept in the same room it was ‘worse’. When my partner wakes up they don’t respond.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
All my birds know who it is before they can see us. My lovebirds henkie and Feanor know hem I am awake too, like @sunnysmom they seem to know when I open my eyes. When I wake up in the middle of the night, after a couple seconde I can hear them moving around and making some quiet noises. That has always been so remarkable to me, perhaps they hear somehow, when we slept in the same room it was ‘worse’. When my partner wakes up they don’t respond.
If i go for a pee in middle of night I am sure it’s pico does a soft squeak I just whistle back

I bet every time you moved drove your partner mad haha when they were in your room

are you main person who looks after them ?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bosco does that too! We share a room but all I have to do is open my eyes not even move a muscle in the middle of the night and he'll instantly awaken.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Bosco does that too! We share a room but all I have to do is open my eyes not even move a muscle in the middle of the night and he'll instantly awaken.
Hello mum :rofl: It’s almost like a sixth sense

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I actually thought my husband was crazy this morning just being his normal scarcest self but thinking about it they do react to me more than anyone especially when I walk upstairs weridly more so when I carry hoover up but I suppose I hoover up mess from night/morning before I let them out change water food etc fill up foraging toys and get their bath bowl