• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Kiwi Talks about Himself

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
One of the few times I was able to capture a video of him talking, there's usually too much background noise, or he decides to pursue his dream of destroying my phone lol.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awww how adorable!! Love his cute little voice :swoon: :loveshower:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
As far as I know, he does not say "very cute" (he has suprised us before - once and only once he said "Kiwi the Police") I just took another good video with more of his clear talking, so I'll probably post it soon. He could have learned someting new becase we are at home all day recently. I actually thought I heard him say "Yes I am, Yes I am, Kiwi, Kiwi!"

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
At the start a few mumbled words in I thought I heard diaper or something that sounds like that. I also thought I heard Kiwi start over or something similar.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
At the start a few mumbled words in I thought I heard diaper or something that sounds like that. I also thought I heard Kiwi start over or something similar.
I have a baby sister so I wouldn't be supried if he picked up on "diaper" and "very cute" I also wouldn't be suprised if he started saying "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" because that's what we say when we're teaching my sister to clap.

His know and confirmed vocab is:

-Kiwi
-Kiwi (the) Budgie
-Blizzard
-Blizzard (the) Budgie
-Sound resembling kissing noise
-Budgie

The (the) has parenthases because he may say it, but usually just skips out on it.
When saying his name, he will often say "Kiwi Kiwi" instead of just "Kiwi"
He ussualy makes up little phrases like "Kiwi Kiwi Blizzard" or "Kiwi Budgie Blizzard"

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Budgies talking never fails to amuse me! I always call it "budgie mumbling" :lol:

I found this interesting article and was suprised that Budgies could understand very basic grammar
That's fascinating. I think @tka would be interested in it (alas its from the Daily Mail but I'll try finding the original research later).

Have you ever seen videos of Disco the budgie on YouTube? His range of vocabulary was incredible.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Have you ever seen videos of Disco the budgie on YouTube? His range of vocabulary was incredible.
I loved Disco! I've actually played a few of his videos for Kiwi and Blizzard, and they always look very confused :confused: :roflmao:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
What a cute little buggar! :loveshower: I made out Kiwi a few times but other than that I’m horrible at deciphering their budgie speak. I get too distracted by the adorable head banging I think:lol:

They absolutely understand basic vocabulary... when I say certain words to mine they do the same thing every time. For example when I say “nomnoms” they fly to the top of the cage (where they eat.) when I say “pappy” (Hickeys nickname to them, you know cuz he’s much older :laugh:) they look straight at him and hop on my finger to go visit him.
I just love budgies!!! They’re the best! I may be a bit partial though :D

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
They absolutely understand basic vocabulary...
Kiwi knows his name, and will fly to me if I say it over and over to him. (no landing on the finger, just on the head :p) Blizzard doesn't really react to words as much as Kiwi, but we've had her for a shorter time, and she's much more timid.SOmetimes Blizzard tries to imitate Kiwi's talking, but I haven't managed to get a video of it yet, I haveto be undercover becauseif she notices me she'll stop :cautious:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I definitely heard Kiwi and I am pretty sure I heard good morning.