• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kisses!

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Mylo is still a wild man, mostly a dowel bird, only steps up on my hand from the same one magic spot in his cage. He's always in a hurry to get off too. It's ok, we're still learning together. He's not interested in being near my face like the other boys are, and that's fine. I still say "kiss kiss" to him, from a distance (the others give me kisses on the nose when on my hand).

Well, it happened last week and again this morning. I was near the cage and Mylo came running over to the front near where I was. This in itself is unusual, and when I backed off to give him space, he got even closer to the bars. Hmmm... so I slowly moved my nose right up to the bars and boom, he gives me a soft little kiss and runs off! He did the exact same thing both times, so it's not a fluke. It gave me happy goosebumps!!

I presume he picked up the kiss on the nose part through observation, yet none of the other three run over and solicit through the bars. I guess he's decided I'm alright :)

Here is a photo of him, please excuse his bald and ruffled spots! He was overpreened at his previous home and is still recovering. This is actually his good side o_O and ignore the arrow, i put it there to show a friend what a pin feather looked like and then saved it over the original photo :facepalm:

-NG

Attachments

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, that's the sweetest story. Milo's a beautiful boy!

Kisses from 4 Linnies! :wow: I would melt.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Awwwww so cute! I do a little kiss kiss thing with my finger, Emrys comes up and lightly nips the tip. Sometimes Caspar will do it, too, but he's less interested in me. I love how sweet linnies are! Good job Mylo! :heart:

TDF2

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I love it, my Summer gives me kisses and makes the sound also, so special