• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

King's Superior XL Double Macaw Cage - GW Proof?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
But taking it back would be such a pain. :(
I had to find a ride to pick it up, my vehicle was not large enough, the shipping if shipped would have been $399!
And repacking it? A nightmare.
I may let her know, but I'm guessing I'm stuck with it.
I've emailed her this photo, let me see what she suggests.
You at least need a credit on a new cage since clearly Chaos is not going in that one.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No idea how much these custom SS cages cost (from what I saw very expensive), but if I had the funds (I'd need to win the lottery) I have them make a custom cage: Northwest Cages

I have a macaw size dome top California Cage I bought back in 2001, before they went out of business. JaJaBinks (B&G Macaw) broke one or two welds. She never opened the door latches or feeder doors. She passed in August 2021. JaKhu is now in the same cage, being a very destructive B&G macaw, has broken a few more welds, managed to figure out how to open both door latches & get out (we now lock her in with a key), open the feeder doors & push the heavy crocks out. To keep her from bending the bars (she broke the welds on) we used 2 inch wide 1/4 inch thick acrylic washers inside & out & bolted them in place to hold the bars from moving.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I feel for you @Toy
Even the honking big bars on Chaos's current cage (20 year old California King)have been welded, and rewelded over the years. Needs done again.
And feed doors, shaken loose, dishes tossed, doors lifted off and tossed to the floor!
Now they have chains over them to keep them on. :wacky:
Quick links linked over bars keep him from 'squeezing' until the welds pop.
Bolts on outside of cage on the perches also have to be 'secured' or he'll dump all his perches from the outside!
It's so much fun having such strong, determined, destructive birds! :laugh:
A constant battle between us.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I feel for you @Toy
Even the honking big bars on Chaos's current cage (20 year old California King)have been welded, and rewelded over the years. Needs done again.
And feed doors, shaken loose, dishes tossed, doors lifted off and tossed to the floor!
Now they have chains over them to keep them on. :wacky:
Quick links linked over bars keep him from 'squeezing' until the welds pop.
Bolts on outside of cage on the perches also have to be 'secured' or he'll dump all his perches from the outside!
It's so much fun having such strong, determined, destructive birds! :laugh:
A constant battle between us.
@macawpower58 Yep it sure is. It's amazing how a 3 pound bird can do so much damage. I swear if they lived in the wild the rain forest would be chewed to the ground, LOL. The main perch in her cage (came with the cage) is secured with hex head bolts & big metal washers. Another wooden perch & a rope perch are fastened with wing nuts & big metal washers. She refuses to stay on her cage so her out of cage time is on the play gym. JaKhu won't be 2 years old until April 10th, so I have a long ways to go with her.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
The owner of Natural Inspirations has offered to refund if I bring the cage back.
Will see if my wonderful daughter is up to another ride and help dismantling this cage.
Super bummed.
Karrie did state she has birds in 4mm bar aviaries and they leave the bars alone, but I don't feel Chaos will cooperate like that.
I wish the website had been up to date with the cage.
Still thinking of keeping it for the Goffin or Mealy, but then I still need to dig up more funds for Chaos. :(