• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

King Solomon Cages?

CherryBug

Checking out the neighborhood
I'm wondering if anyone here has purchased a cage from King Solomon Cages. I'd like to get a cage from them, specifically, the King David. Here is a link: King Solomon Cages - The last bird cage you'll ever buy.

I would like to purchase this cage for a G2. The cage seems very nice, but, I have a few concerns. I'm wondering if the door will be able to withstand a mischevious escape artist. Also wondering if there are enough places in this cage for hanging/placing the many toys needed for these little smarties. I'm also a little concerned that the "large manzanita branch system" won't provide enough variety and will eventually cause foot fatigue, as I don't really see a way to add perches of my own.

Any thoughts/ advice would be very much appreciated!!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Very nice "looking" cage (to a human). Not very practical or functional. I don't like the plexiglas. Scratches very easily every time you clean it. Collects dust. Prevents airflow. No way of mounting anything. No way to climb around. If you're going to spend that kind of money get a real cage.

A bird's habitat has nothing to do with "style" or look. It has everything to do with functionality and safety.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I fully concur with John...the cage has all the drawbacks he mentioned, plus the ones you mention. You're going to put good money into a cage...there are other choices that will do the job.
A bird's habitat has nothing to do with "style" or look. It has everything to do with functionality and safety.
Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes...

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
No front doors? Looks like it would be very hard to clean splatters from the inside - and they ARE going to show. The manzanita is pretty, but more horizontal perches would be better - it really just takes up valuable space. Grates are a pain. Also, in the photos, you can still see the lighting system from under that shallow canopy. Harsh on the eyes. I wouldn't buy one even for budgies/finches, although I think a cabinet style can work well for them, if properly designed.

I actually think the enclosure JLCribber posted is better looking. When things work right, they do tend to look good.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I would never buy a plexiglass cage, for all of the reasons quoted by John. They are impossible to clean - plexiglass smears and you can't use regular glass cleaners because they are toxic to your bird.

CherryBug

Checking out the neighborhood
JLCribber I just wanted to say that I've been lurking on this site for a while, and I love your too posts. They're really helpful and informative. :)