• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Khaleesi getting big

AzKhaleesi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Heather
Sorry for my absence folks, been super busy. As some of you know I have adopted a severe we named Khaleesi. I can't believe how big she's gotten in such a short time. The pic I have posted was exactly one month apart 07/20/19 - 08/20/19 We should be bringing her home this month sometime. I go visit her every weekend and a couple times during the week if I'm able. She is so sweet. She literally hugs me when she sees me. She spreads her wings and wraps them around me and I get endless kisses. One of her brothers tried to bite me and her other brother and she shoulder checked him and squawked loudly like "that's MY mom be nice!!!" She is quite the character already and I can not WAIT to bring her home. It has been such a joy to watch her grow from pretty much day one. I will keep you guys updated....

khaleesi 1 month.jpg
Khaleesi.JPG

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow, she´s grown so much! She´s beautiful :) ❤

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's beautiful!

AzKhaleesi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Heather
Thank you... yes she's amazingly beautiful and grown so much. I swear every time I go I'm like what are they feeding you??? lol. She went from a mini naked turkey to this majestic creature. When she spreads her wings, omg!!! She's just gorgeous.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
When she spreads her wings, omg!!! She's just gorgeous.
I love when a bird spreads their wings and shows their beauty! Incredible!❤

If you have a preference RE clipping, you may want to be super clear on that with all of the staff at the place she is currently at.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
That’s great! She is absolutely gorgeous.

AzKhaleesi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Heather
Oh yes I do, I know this isn't the popular choice on here, but I clip all my birds except one. Val is not clipped because she has no tail feathers due to an attack by a too in her last home prior to us rescuing her. So she needs all the help she can get. But the rest are all clipped. I prefer safety over anything. I retire in a few years and then can take a less demanding job, and once that happens I will flight train my birds, but for now no flight. Don't worry they all know how to fly. I just feel it's safer at this time to be limited.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow, she’s absolutely adorable :heart:

Sandra Gibson

Walking the driveway
Sorry for my absence folks, been super busy. As some of you know I have adopted a severe we named Khaleesi. I can't believe how big she's gotten in such a short time. The pic I have posted was exactly one month apart 07/20/19 - 08/20/19 We should be bringing her home this month sometime. I go visit her every weekend and a couple times during the week if I'm able. She is so sweet. She literally hugs me when she sees me. She spreads her wings and wraps them around me and I get endless kisses. One of her brothers tried to bite me and her other brother and she shoulder checked him and squawked loudly like "that's MY mom be nice!!!" She is quite the character already and I can not WAIT to bring her home. It has been such a joy to watch her grow from pretty much day one. I will keep you guys updated....

View attachment 314600
View attachment 314601
So Beautiful ❤

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
What a beautiful bird <3 Where is she currently staying/where are you buying her from?

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
We've been thinking about taking her sister home. I've given her the nickname "Pinky" because of the pink band on her leg. She adores me. When I open the cage she throws herself at me. If I walk by she calls out or tries to jump to me. I haven't made up my mind yet. I have three other pet birds and I'm not sure how I will fit another one in. There is only so much of me to go around.

Attachments

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
We've been thinking about taking her sister home. I've given her the nickname "Pinky" because of the pink band on her leg. She adores me. When I open the cage she throws herself at me. If I walk by she calls out or tries to jump to me. I haven't made up my mind yet. I have three other pet birds and I'm not sure how I will fit another one in. There is only so much of me to go around.
She’s so cute! If you have enough time for her I think you should get her.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I think you’ll find the time! She’s beautiful and it sounds like she knows you’re the right person for her :)

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww so cute. If it were me I'd make sure she was fledged first before clipping. My U2 was not fledged, she was clipped before she was fully weaned, & has chewed her wings & tail off ever since the breeder clipped her. She' now 20 years old & she chewing.

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is just adorable! Consider carefully your plan for your life when deciding how many birds that you are able to care for. Every caretaker is different and their bird mixture can be different.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I love when a bird spreads their wings and shows their beauty! Incredible!❤

If you have a preference RE clipping, you may want to be super clear on that with all of the staff at the place she is currently at.

I find it majestic when Jesse soars past me and I can see his beautiful turquoise wings.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
We talked about it and it just wasn’t practice to add another pet to the house. A family came in and she was a perfect match for them. They went home and researched the species like we suggested and they came back today. She will go home with them in a few days. It didn’t take much for her to interact with them all and I think she will do really well with them.

As for the clipping, I don’t like it but at the store it’s for their safety. They don’t get clipped until they start flying. With the windows, other birds, and doors they all get a baby clip so they can’t fly far if they do get some air. Beyond that it’s the owners choice to continue it.