• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Kestrel update

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
There's been a lot of activity around the Kestrel nest the last couple of days. I think the check are getting ready to fledge and take off. I missed them leaving the nest hole last year and am keeping a closer eye on it this year but I can't watch it full time .
Sir Hunter, the proud poppa keeping an eye on things. The nest hole is on the right hand side of the pot just above the bolt head. The hole looks like a scoop taken out of the pole. You can see somebirdie peeking out!

Ready to fledge.jpg Peeking Out.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww that's so cool! Hopefully you can see them fledge this time.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Little Miss is getting the lizards from Sir Hunter and taking them whole into the nest now to the chicks. I'm keeping a close watch and hope to get it on camera as well. BUT after last year I learned they are gone like a shot when they leave.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
She's still guarding her nest almost full time. She's either very close by or perching on the lip of the opening. Sir Hunter is out bringing home the "Bacon" in the form of the little lizards and he's at it all day I might add no "Dead Beat Dad" here!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thanks. Love kestrels.