• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kermit and pineapple high probability of being mates.

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
I have seen them argue and even fight in the mornings. But also kissing alot and feeding eachother and i read that it means trying to mate and or being partners. Can they even mate at the age of 10 weeks?

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lovebirds leave the nest and go straight out to find their mate. They won´t mate with each other at such a young age, but can start to develop a relationship.

They have the potential to breed from as young as 6 months, though waiting for the birds to be over 12 months old is always prefered as they don´t make good young parents.

Is breeding your intention? Or just wanting them to be a bonded pair?

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
Lovebirds leave the nest and go straight out to find their mate. They won´t mate with each other at such a young age, but can start to develop a relationship.

They have the potential to breed from as young as 6 months, though waiting for the birds to be over 12 months old is always prefered as they don´t make good young parents.

Is breeding your intention? Or just wanting them to be a bonded pair?
For now just a bonded pair. Tbh im not that experienced as kermit was came here at some point cause my grandma couldnt take care of him. I couldnt send him back and started to worry and found this site. So ill get experienced first but i got a coconut home for them that they love is that considered a nest aswell?

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Oh those coconut hut things are usually terrible......But is yours open or closed?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes they are. They can be fine for single males. But usually only bring bad things for pairs and single hens.

Given your birds are chicks, you can let them have it for a month or so (or if you see them taking material in there to build a nest) before you will have to take it away. I let my youngsters have nest like things, empty boxes or houses and remove at maturing age. Though my eldest male had his box to sleep in for years without presenting any issues, and he didn´t see it as a nest.

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
Yes they are. They can be fine for single males. But usually only bring bad things for pairs and single hens.

Given your birds are chicks, you can let them have it for a month or so (or if you see them taking material in there to build a nest) before you will have to take it away. I let my youngsters have nest like things, empty boxes or houses and remove at maturing age. Though my eldest male had his box to sleep in for years without presenting any issues, and he didn´t see it as a nest.
Ooh i see i guess while the month goes by ill order atleast a platform perch aswell so they get a better place to sleep on. Ill remove it when i get the platform coconut. Thanks alot!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
ill order atleast a platform perch aswell so they get a better place to sleep on
They like sleeping on a nice natural branch high up. Or a cotton perch :)