• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Kelly

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted about my birds for quite awhile so not sure if anyone remembers me or not! I thought I would share some pictures of my green monster with everyone:D He has been with me a little over a year now!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great Nape. Very friendly. Does he go through the "typical" Amazon Jekyll-Hyde stuff (at least typical for my Nape)...nice one minute and nippy and lunging the next?

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Great Nape. Very friendly. Does he go through the "typical" Amazon Jekyll-Hyde stuff (at least typical for my Nape)...nice one minute and nippy and lunging the next?
He is in love with me and hates everyone else. If he hears other people he will immediately go into kill mode even though he knows everyone in the house can kick his little green butt. When the parents go to bed he immediately has to go stalk them and will start climbing the stairs after them. Then, I have to go chase him down on the stairs or they towel him and deliver him to me hahaha. He has had a lot of chances to truly get them but he hasn't taken them yet. Mostly he just stalks them and chases them on the ground.

He knows that biting is a no and he is bite pressure trained to a degree. Sometimes when he is in overload after getting angry with the other people in the house he will bite me but it hasn't broken skin in awhile when he does it. Even in overload he tries not to get me badly. No one else really messes with him when he is in overload....I doubt he would be so considerate with anyone else.

That one of him in a dress is absolutely hilarious :rofl: He looks like he has quite the personality!
He really does have a lot of personality and he is a very tolerant guy:D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's really beautiful! Love the pics. :)

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Love these pictures! He looks like a character. And it's his job (as an Amazon) to chase people around the house.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The dress picture is so funny! How in the world did you get that on him :hehe:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Chases them UP stairs? Time for a video......

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
The dress picture is so funny! How in the world did you get that on him :hehe:
A struggle and some growling at me but overall it wasn't too hard. I also put him in those hoodies you can get so he has gotten a bit used to it:) He just happened to be in the wrong place and time when this happened. Jeanne was going through the collars and suits she ordered for the pluckers and when she showed that to everyone....well Kelly was sitting on my lap and I'm evil...

Chases them UP stairs? Time for a video......
This is as close as I have right now. It is from last October and that is the bedroom door to their room hahaha

LOVE the pictures, he seems to be an amazing friend to you :)
Definitely! He had to work quite hard in the rescue to win me over since I never had much interest in amazons but after 4 months I had to cave. Very good decision on my part...he is my favorite in my flock...don't tell my other 8 they may kill me:eek:

Another video of Kelly being fairly tolerant of my poking and prodding at him.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Rats, my zons are asleep so I can't watch the video right now....

Laura729

Jogging around the block
Oh my goodness, what a sweet and naughty boy (my favorite combination)! :xflove:

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Nice pictures! Be careful of interactions between your cat and birds though, you never know what can happen!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He's like I'm gonna kick yer butt... well I'll hold off for a scritch... OK I LUV you again...:rofl:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Beautiful videos......

Kiwibird08

Jogging around the block
Pooooooor Kelly and his 'mean' mommy putting him an a ruffled pink dress:shakehead:

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Come on mom a pink dress......really?? :tmsmakesme:Then you gotta take pictures and show everyone. :omg:
Poor guy lol, seriously though, love the pictures and videos, he looks great.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Nice pictures! Be careful of interactions between your cat and birds though, you never know what can happen!
They aren't actually interacting. Paige just jumped up while I was taking pictures.

He's like I'm gonna kick yer butt... well I'll hold off for a scritch... OK I LUV you again...:rofl:
He acts tuff but he's such a pushover! Well with me...last night I chased him down three times when he went upstairs to eat the other people. He snapped a couple tail feathers too since he wouldn't calm down...he was a very angry bird last night :eek:

Pooooooor Kelly and his 'mean' mommy putting him an a ruffled pink dress:shakehead:
He pulls it off though right :laughing6: