• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
It is Harrison high potency fine. I got it from the AV
I would think the fine is maybe too large for budgies.. On their website it says "Year-round formula for conures, lories, quakers, cockatiels, lovebirds, doves and other small to medium parrots" while superfine says "Year-round formula for canaries and finches as well as budgies (parakeets) and other small parrots"
Try crush them a little and see if it goes better?

Last edited:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
The pellets aren't too large for your budgies, but if crushing them a little helps to get them to eat them, try it!

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
The pellets aren't too large for your budgies, but if crushing them a little helps to get them to eat them, try it!
They both have tried the pellets and managed to eat them! They prefer seed, but at least they know pellets are food. I've been pretending to "eat" it because this gets them interested, I crumbled some in my fingers and Flynn watched and then actually started biting it properly.

Now that I'm aware of their weight, I'm realising they could be more active. Even though I work from home most of the time and they have all that time out of the cage, they spend a lot of time wanting to just ride on my shoulder. (They do have some big flies throughout the day but also big stretches of sedentary time). I've added some new toys to their playgym, and tried to introduce them to some flying games. Any ideas for getting them moving a bit more?

Charlie has been a little champ. She hates her antibiotics but she's tolerating it, and she has been very happy. I'm really hopeful that I caught it in time.

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
I wanted to update my thread!

Flynn and Charlie both made it to their target weight!!!

I have a vet checkup this week just to make sure all is well.

I think everyone was right- I stopped rearranging their cage and they are more active. They both eat pellets- not as much as I would like, but they both have some. I think they think of it as a snack, not their main meal.

In other news, Charlie is trying to talk! She is babbling away. We certainly haven't tried to teach her. As she is the second budgie, I never even thought there was a remote possibility. Flynn talks incessantly (I must learn to post a video) and I'm wondering if she is getting from him? Funnily enough, I think she's trying to say "alright. " not the easiest sounds but that's what she's doing....Flynn does say "thats alright, budgie".

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Fantastic update! :)

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I wanted to update my thread!

Flynn and Charlie both made it to their target weight!!!

I have a vet checkup this week just to make sure all is well.

I think everyone was right- I stopped rearranging their cage and they are more active. They both eat pellets- not as much as I would like, but they both have some. I think they think of it as a snack, not their main meal.

In other news, Charlie is trying to talk! She is babbling away. We certainly haven't tried to teach her. As she is the second budgie, I never even thought there was a remote possibility. Flynn talks incessantly (I must learn to post a video) and I'm wondering if she is getting from him? Funnily enough, I think she's trying to say "alright. " not the easiest sounds but that's what she's doing....Flynn does say "thats alright, budgie".
Yay! I love their little chats!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Good job!! :bliss: And so cool that Charlie is trying to talk! I'm sure she took it from Flynn, it is part of his sounds so..

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
That is great! I'm sure as well that she is copying Flynn but never underestimate a female. They are quite able to mimic speech just like males. Sam learned her first words from watching Disco the budgie on Youtube...lol.