• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kaylee is free! (from quarantine!) Sennie

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezl

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Carla Rae
Actually I think it was last week or so, but we've just started playing around with her. She can definitely fly, even though some of her flight feathers are still short. She was clipped in Sept, I think. She needs some more practice, but she's pretty confident and getting better each time. I have to be really careful because she'll take off with no warning and buzz around. Her landings need improvement! Doors are not to be opened when she is out.
She's a good Sennie from what I've been reading. She loves hanging upside down and laying on her back, even on the bottom of her cage with her legs in the air! She's a bit nippy, and will grind once in awhile.
I haven't sent off feathers to actually confirm she's a she. The only indication is her vest shape and I wonder if that's even a little bit accurate. I have felt her pelvic bones and she's awfully narrow. But she's just over a year old. Anyway, I'll get that done soon enough. My to-do list just keeps growing lately.
So some piccies are uploading to my Flickr so I'll post them soon!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She is beautiful! I love the picture of her on her back!

Matt

wezl

Real Name
Carla Rae
Thank you! I wish I could get more pics while she does that, cuz it's all the time unless the camera comes out!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wowwwwwwwwwshe is gorgeous....

Lotsa Birds

Real Name
Sandy
Gorgeous bird! I love the playstand also. I could see my RB going crazy on it.
Sandy

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
What a beautiful little Sennie~ looks like a girlie to me :) Everything I have read the lower the 'V' (girl) and if there are any green feathers in the vent area it is probably a girl. The pic you have where she is on her back looks like a lot of green underneath :p I am still going to get Tiki DNA'd even though I think she is a she also....;)

wezl

Real Name
Carla Rae
She's a mess! I wish the birds loved that toy like you'd think they should. To them it's just a way to get high up to dive bomb you!
I do worry about her more, she's so quick! Sennies are beautiful! I love the pewter color of their heads.

rocabird

Real Name
dawn
She's beautiful! And she looks so happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.