• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kamara CAG is looking for her forever home

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Through absolutely no fault of her own, Kamara the Congo African grey is again in search of her forever home.

Kamara comes from an unknown past, having been found outside flying from tree to tree before being caught and brought to the Humane Society. She has severely deformed feet, but they do not affect her mobility by much and she readily climbs, walks, and perches without issue.

Kamara came to me with a severe fear of people, and especially of hands; she will accept treats from fingers and is no longer afraid of me, but she is wary of strangers and may take time to warm up to her new people. She has an incredibly sweet and inquisitive nature, and she’ll win your heart in no time.

She is very afraid of towels, blankets, and other fabrics, though she will tolerate you holding them in her presence so long as you don’t approach her with them or move too quickly. She has come to tolerate showers more now than in the past, but once in a while the spray bottle is very frightening and she’ll growl and scream if you try to spritz her.

Kamara loves stainless steel toys, anything that makes noise, and she delights in smashing them against the bars of her cage to make a racket. She also loves to chew on wood.

Kamara eats vegetables, sprouted seeds, legumes, mash, birdie bread, nuts, Nutriberries, and Zupreem Naturals. Her favourites vary, but she consistently loves nuts and green grapes.

For her safety, Kamara is being rehomed for a fee of $1500 CAD, which includes her cage and belongings. We are located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m so sorry you are in this situation Hrafn :( I hope that you find a wonderful home for Kamara :sadhug:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I can't bear to see this listing. Praying for a positive outcome that will allow you to stay together.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
This just breaks my heart I'm so sorry for you and your flock

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I wish you were near me. My mother in law has been looking for another grey :(

Reactions: Ali

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could this be of any help?

:sadhug2:

Ali
It would be lovely if Mars Bar could go with someone I'm familiar with, but if no one on AA is able to take her in, she'll more than likely go to a rescue for rehoming. They'd probably do a far better job sussing out a proper new home than I could on Kijiji; she needs someone who won't underestimate her psychological needs just because they really really want a grey. She's not a "step-up on the first meeting and love you immediately" kind of bird, which too many people seem to want.

My poor kid.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
It would be lovely if Mars Bar could go with someone I'm familiar with, but if no one on AA is able to take her in, she'll more than likely go to a rescue for rehoming. They'd probably do a far better job sussing out a proper new home than I could on Kijiji; she needs someone who won't underestimate her psychological needs just because they really really want a grey. She's not a "step-up on the first meeting and love you immediately" kind of bird, which too many people seem to want.

My poor kid.
Who do we know close to you? I'm sure we'd all love to help you out, but we all seem to be in the wrong places. I hope something good comes up for you.

Ali

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
That's devasting! It must be very difficult for not only you but also Kamara! I hope she goes to a good and loving home:sadhug2::sadhug2:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Oh man.......