• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just wondering how much does your IRN weigh in at?

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I'm curious what others will say because the usual place I check for typical bird weights (source) lists Ringnecks with a mean of 123g and a +/-10% range of 111 to 135 (i.e. not even close).

Alexandrines, however, are listed with a mean of 215g and a +/-10% range of 193 to 237g.

Joe&Mango

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joe
I'm curious what others will say because the usual place I check for typical bird weights (source) lists Ringnecks with a mean of 123g and a +/-10% range of 111 to 135 (i.e. not even close).

Alexandrines, however, are listed with a mean of 215g and a +/-10% range of 193 to 237g.
Massive difference haha im still in process of getting his DNA done but assuming his a male but could be very wrong :/

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
That weight is WAY over IRN weight. Both my IRNs are in the 120s and 130s.
Is that your IRN in your avatar pic? If so, that looks like an Alexandrine Parrot which is bigger than an IRN.

Joe&Mango

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joe
Yeah my mistake i read an article that made me think if its a male his a IRN, my bad silly question need to get it taken down