• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just what is BB doing?

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
He will pull a couple of his tail feathers, still attached, forward under his bottom and sit on them. He isn’t acting like they are bothering him nor his he show an attempt to pull them out. I’ve never heard of a bird doing this.

ON an unrelated line he’s dropped a couple of those clipped flight feather and a nice fat handful of contour feathers so I don’t think it’ll be much longer be for I have TWO flighted Conures zipping around here...oh joy.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@faislaq ? @Shezbug ?

I remember that someone here has a macaw who stands on their tail :roflmao:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@faislaq ? @Shezbug ? I remember that someone here has a macaw who stands on their tail :roflmao:
Karen’s beautiful Buzzard stands on his wings :laugh:
Guilty (or weird) as charged. :rolleyes: I posted about it in my I Have a Macaw and Don't Post Enough Photos thread.

Sometimes when he's stressed, Buzz will tug at his fights over his back and @Peachfaced said her GCC Rupert sometimes holds a tail feather to help him preen his butt. :roflmao: And @Macawnutz said it's common for macaws, but only her males do it, but that they stand on their wings and their tails. Possibly conures do it, too?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
He looks SO awkward when he holds his tail like that. :lol:

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
He will pull a couple of his tail feathers, still attached, forward under his bottom and sit on them. He isn’t acting like they are bothering him nor his he show an attempt to pull them out. I’ve never heard of a bird doing this.

ON an unrelated line he’s dropped a couple of those clipped flight feather and a nice fat handful of contour feathers so I don’t think it’ll be much longer be for I have TWO flighted Conures zipping around here...oh joy.
Man....that is weird! :wideyed: