• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just so smart......

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Ohhh yes and they understand more than what people think. In example there was one time that Baylee kept pooping the platform perch she had so I told her “Baylee Sophia if you keep pooping that perch I will take it out cause that is for you to play in it not to poop on it” ( before that I had to remove the perch at least 4x a day to wash it) until I told her that the perch was not to poop on it that day I washed it and once clean and dry I put it back on the cage! She never poop on it ever again. I removed it in October after using it for 7 years as it was rotting. It was wooden perch that I got from Petco in 2013. Mind she is a lovebird.
By saying she is a Lovebird I meant she isn’t a too or a galah that are better known for intelligence but there is proof that even the smaller ones are very intelligent.

TheMacDadd

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ahmad
Ohhh yes and they understand more than what people think. In example there was one time that Baylee kept pooping the platform perch she had so I told her “Baylee Sophia if you keep pooping that perch I will take it out cause that is for you to play in it not to poop on it” ( before that I had to remove the perch at least 4x a day to wash it) until I told her that the perch was not to poop on it that day I washed it and once clean and dry I put it back on the cage! She never poop on it ever again. I removed it in October after using it for 7 years as it was rotting. It was wooden perch that I got from Petco in 2013. Mind she is a lovebird.
yes lol, their smarter than you think

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
By saying she is a Lovebird I meant she isn’t a too or a galah that are better known for intelligence but there is proof that even the smaller ones are very intelligent.
The little ones are definitely smart too. :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This cockatoo Barney has a whole pantry dedicated to him in the kitchen. He opens the door and has a world of birdie things to get into. He also has a stand he can climb up to the first level of shelves to reach and then up to the other shelves by himself. Never saw an entire home dedicated to one bird. The many built a sleep room for him that is near the bedroom for night time. He speakes in two different voices, I guess from another home.

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
This cockatoo Barney has a whole pantry dedicated to him in the kitchen. He opens the door and has a world of birdie things to get into. He also has a stand he can climb up to the first level of shelves to reach and then up to the other shelves by himself. Never saw an entire home dedicated to one bird. The many built a sleep room for him that is near the bedroom for night time. He speakes in two different voices, I guess from another home.

So cute. Elvis has a cupboard. He flies to the top, opens the door and then climbs down into the shelves. I would love to be able to give him more play room. I am jealous of the sleep room. That was originally my plan with the office upstairs but it's become the cockatiels sleep room. They don't like sharing with Elvis. LoL. When I had plumbing work done last week, I had all the birds sleep in the same room. It did not go well. Elvis is just too loud and busy for the tiels. So, I'm glad I got to test it out but it confirmed my suspicion that they need separate sleeping areas.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The more birds one has the more rooms are needed. My heart goes out to you when it comes time for birdie bed.