• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just sharing some of my beauties Lutino opaline Redhood(roseicollis) at the last Cobalt Blue Personatus in the.middle

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Chilling with his friends lol
View attachment 384613
While your cat looks very lovely and cute, they are a great danger to birds. Their saliva is toxic, and even friendly interactions can prove to be fatal. Not to mention that as prey animals, cats nearby can cause a lot of stress for the bird. Lots of bird owners have cats, but very few will allow the cat to sit on top of the cage, or be anywhere near it at all.
Just so you are aware, and can make changes to keep your birds safe.

¨Photographs of "unsafe" situations: Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions on bird care. We are here to educate and help each other do the best we can do for the birds' best interest. This may bring up discussions on topics such as birds & other pets. Over the years we have seen many of these situations become losses. As Avian Avenue is a close community of people we take those losses as our own. To educate and bring awareness of these potentially deadly opportunities we ask that you do not post photos of your birds in dangerous situations.¨

Eesa

Meeting neighbors
While your cat looks very lovely and cute, they are a great danger to birds. Their saliva is toxic, and even friendly interactions can prove to be fatal. Not to mention that as prey animals, cats nearby can cause a lot of stress for the bird. Lots of bird owners have cats, but very few will allow the cat to sit on top of the cage, or be anywhere near it at all.
Just so you are aware, and can make changes to keep your birds safe.

¨Photographs of "unsafe" situations: Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions on bird care. We are here to educate and help each other do the best we can do for the birds' best interest. This may bring up discussions on topics such as birds & other pets. Over the years we have seen many of these situations become losses. As Avian Avenue is a close community of people we take those losses as our own. To educate and bring awareness of these potentially deadly opportunities we ask that you do not post photos of your birds in dangerous situations.¨
Hey thanks for the information about their Saliva being toxic for birds
I didn't knew it earlier.
Also i posted it here as they are Close friends and are raised together from when they were borned
They never are scared of him. They are goof freinds they play, Sleep together while i agree that they might be in stress if they were not raised together.

So sorry if my post goes against the community standards .
Thanks so much for your advice

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Your birds are beautiful.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Eesa - FYI -

Abstract
Infection with Pasteurella multocida caused by bites has been known for several decades. Cats are an important factor in Pasteurella multocida infection. Considerable numbers of victims are 'rescued' from the mouths of cats and submitted to bird reception centres for treatment. A number of bird shelters sent birds in this condition to the present authors for closer examination. The majority of birds caught by cats die. The mortality rates in shelters were reported to be 30, 90, 99 and one hundred per cent. Of the birds rescued alive from the mouths of cats, approximately 40 per cent died from the direct effects of the bites, and approximately 60 per cent died from Pasteurella multocida infection.

Eesa

Meeting neighbors
@Eesa - FYI -

Abstract
Infection with Pasteurella multocida caused by bites has been known for several decades. Cats are an important factor in Pasteurella multocida infection. Considerable numbers of victims are 'rescued' from the mouths of cats and submitted to bird reception centres for treatment. A number of bird shelters sent birds in this condition to the present authors for closer examination. The majority of birds caught by cats die. The mortality rates in shelters were reported to be 30, 90, 99 and one hundred per cent. Of the birds rescued alive from the mouths of cats, approximately 40 per cent died from the direct effects of the bites, and approximately 60 per cent died from Pasteurella multocida infection.
I just got to know about their saliva being toxic for birds.
Btw this kitten and birds are raised together so they are friends
And do not harm each other
Even they sleep together.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
First, of all it's not toxic it is infectious with a particularly nasty microbe called Pastuerlla. Second, I've heard that old "my cat would never hurt my bird" many, many times right after the cat killed the bird.

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Oh your lovies are gorgeous!!! I especially love the third picture - I had one that same blue/violet colour!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@Eesa Do you think your birds might like some things to play with? I don´t know if these are their permanent cage? But they do look a little empty. You could make some toys if there aren´t many sellers locally.

Here is a subforum of people posting toys and swings etc that they´ve made;
Bird toys are something of a rarity around here where I live so I make a lot of things as well as order toy parts and toys online.

Tip; lovebirds love destroying things ;)

Eesa

Meeting neighbors
@Eesa Do you think your birds might like some things to play with? I don´t know if these are their permanent cage? But they do look a little empty. You could make some toys if there aren´t many sellers locally.

Here is a subforum of people posting toys and swings etc that they´ve made;
Bird toys are something of a rarity around here where I live so I make a lot of things as well as order toy parts and toys online.

Tip; lovebirds love destroying things ;)
Yes Zara i have been making some DIY toys for them they love to destroy them lol
Last time i made them a pathway of ladders and some hanging toys
They chewed destroyed all.
I was planning to make some more toys soon
They're so funny lol
I really enjoy watching them play and communicate with each other it's so interesting.
Nowadays when they don't have any toys to destroy/play with they Play with their feathers and fight after them
Thanks for the link I'll definitely make some good toy this time

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

b6lego