• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just Popping in to say hi!

Hrtofau2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
20200808_155456.jpg
HELLO! long time no see for many of you. :) Some may remember me, some may not. But Ducky & I used to be regulars around here. But life happens. Thought I would swing in & say hello though. Nice to see the new faces, and of course all the old friends. :)

A quick update for those interested. Ducky is doing well. He just got a clean bill of health from the vet. Blood work looked good - minus a dip in calcium. Vet is actually thing Ducky maybe a she, not he. o_O Seeing as we have never had him sexed, I told its possible. But we have never had an egg! She said to watch just in case...She would also like to see a little more weight on him. Seems our once too fat rescue bird from all seed diet - has now gotten a little too lean from a diet of pellets & being fully flighted. (That & refusing to touch any fresh food but pizza crust & tortillas.) Soo hes happy hes getting a few more nutraberries then normal - and the tiniest bit of seed. (He will refuse all pellets & hold out for seed..stubborn old man)

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
View attachment 351783
HELLO! long time no see for many of you. :) Some may remember me, some may not. But Ducky & I used to be regulars around here. But life happens. Thought I would swing in & say hello though. Nice to see the new faces, and of course all the old friends. :)

A quick update for those interested. Ducky is doing well. He just got a clean bill of health from the vet. Blood work looked good - minus a dip in calcium. Vet is actually thing Ducky maybe a she, not he. o_O Seeing as we have never had him sexed, I told its possible. But we have never had an egg! She said to watch just in case...She would also like to see a little more weight on him. Seems our once too fat rescue bird from all seed diet - has now gotten a little too lean from a diet of pellets & being fully flighted. (That & refusing to touch any fresh food but pizza crust & tortillas.) Soo hes happy hes getting a few more nutraberries then normal - and the tiniest bit of seed. (He will refuse all pellets & hold out for seed..stubborn old man) But he is doing overall well. We even have gotten the Avian harness on him & gotten him outside- without losing fingers. He liked that!
In other news, we have a new addition! After the death of Boris due to his siezures, I was crushed. But last month, I came across Squeakers. He is a Pineapple Greencheek Conure and he has totally brought me so much joy & laughter. He's my little comic relief. He is a baby - hatched Feb of this year. But he is already talking up a storm. He can say "Squeakers" "Squeaky bird" "Pretty bird" "No" and my favorite "wake up". Which of course he tells you at bedtime..lol He is my love bug, and everyone who meets him just loves him. He's super friendly - to everyone. Kids, Adults. He isn't a biter. He barely even beaks you even at his maddest. Plus, i kid you not...he usually sleeps on his back in his hut...cracks me up. Did I mention he is comic relief? Anyway, ill post video later thats sure to make everyone giggle..
Its nice to be back. Now to catch up!
Oh! And Squeakers is my profile pic....

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
So apprently my post did it twice....trying g to use my phone isn't working so well...:hilarious: Lol sorry!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Good to see you again! :)

Reactions: Ali

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Welcome back! Ducky is gorgeous!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome back :hiya:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome back! Not sure if I had Elvis since the last time you were here- but I now have a goffin too! Nice to see another goffin owner. :) I am glad Ducky is doing well.

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Welcome back! Not sure if I had Elvis since the last time you were here- but I now have a goffin too! Nice to see another goffin owner. :) I am glad Ducky is doing well.
Ducky actually isn't a goffin. He is a ducorp cockatoo. They are similar though. He is a total PITA.. but he's hubby baby...was supposed to be mine. Notice how well that worked..:roflmao: He actually hates me. But thats Okay...Squeakers loves me...and doesn't care for hubby...lol:rofl:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome back.

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Hello and welcome back :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Ducky actually isn't a goffin. He is a ducorp cockatoo. They are similar though. He is a total PITA.. but he's hubby baby...was supposed to be mine. Notice how well that worked..:roflmao: He actually hates me. But thats Okay...Squeakers loves me...and doesn't care for hubby...lol:rofl:
I should have realized. He's a very pretty boy. :)