• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

just molt or something wrong??

je0409

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
jadie
hey, i don’t know if this is the correct place to post this but my bird’s feathers have been looking bad/weird lately. i’m pretty sure she’s in molt right now but i don’t know if this is just part of that or if somethings wrong??? she’s my first pet bird and i’ve only had her a few months so i’m very inexperienced!!! any help is very appreciated EF354E6E-7FBF-4D01-8D1F-1EE5E5BA0EEB.jpeg 73E76C73-D3DD-4E11-A46B-BAD2DD8A4E40.jpeg 7B98F1BA-A7B8-4AE3-9E4E-3DD73577C80E.jpeg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I know our guys play pretty hard & their feathers tend to look a little rough whether they're molting or not. How is her diet & does she get regular baths?

je0409

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
jadie
I know our guys play pretty hard & their feathers tend to look a little rough whether they're molting or not. How is her diet & does she get regular baths?
she usually bathes herself (in her water dish ugh lol) what seems to be every other day or at least pretty regularly. and even so i give her a misting every other day (would do everyday since she’s molting but she hates it and i’m still trying to build a bond with her). she eats fruits and vegetables for breakfast (usually apples and sugar snap peas bc i have a hard time getting her to eat anything else) and i give her zupreem natural pellets in the evening

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
That sounds like a pretty good diet although fruit can be sugary and is not really needed on their diet. Have you tried feeding bell pepper? I fostered a gcc once and he went CRAZY for it. Best of luck!

je0409

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
jadie
That sounds like a pretty good diet although fruit can be sugary and is not really needed on their diet. Have you tried feeding bell pepper? I fostered a gcc once and he went CRAZY for it. Best of luck!
i didn’t even think about bell pepper. she’ll probably like it because she loves cronchy stuff!!! thanks so much for the advice :)