• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just had a burgerler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanMyM2

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Heard a noise in my back yard so I ran out to the deck flipped on my light & guess what was there?? A momma bear & her 2 lil baby cubs omg so cute they were tearing at my bird feader lol See if I only had a camera grrrrrrr

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
We have bears up at our cabin. I love seeing them just not to close to the cabin though :)

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
I did a no no threw them a chicken leg & some meat loaf lol the poor lil suckers were screaming they were hungry ..

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
that is a big no no:naughty:, they will keep coming back and can be very destructive when they want to get into something :) Be careful too momma bears are very protective of their cubs

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Yes I lmow they didnt take it so I took it back in the house .. Momma wasnt looking too happy

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I love bears as long as they are at a distance!

Matt

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Oh cool. I've seen a bear once. . .it was running across the road as we were on our way to our camp site. Even this was really cool. :)

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Coming home from vet w/ Sultan we seen a big bear get hit by a car so sad the jerk didnt even stop :-(

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
:omg: I would never even have opened the door. Bears break into homes here . We hear about a home or two every year that gets broken into by bears looking for food. It 's illegal to feed them also and to have bird feeders during the summer months for the same reason:(

Ginas Girls

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gina
That was an awesome sight...The babies were crying and they sounded just like real babies but much LOUDER!!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a site ..and yes, throwing them food is a no no..but if they were tearing at the bird feeder they were definitely hungry..poor things

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
That happened to my me and my daughter camping in the NH mountians. We just came back from hiking and a black bear came into our campsite:hehe: we just backed off and watched. He took our food:hehe::hehe: He was So cute:hehe:

Magic

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
they are a site to see up close i know i have to watch out all the time for bears and other wild ones every time i go out the door this is kinda why my birds dont get to go out unless in a carrier or cage i never know whats around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.