• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just got two new rescues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I just took in two rescues today. They are two canaries. I don't have pictures yet, but will post when I do. I am setting up their cage now.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
It sounds weird, but a canary is one of my dream birdies at this point! I just LOVE their song!! I'm going to negotiate to let Jeremy keep one downstairs because I'd LOVE to hear it sing!!

I can't wait for pictures!! Do they have names? Do you know if they're male/female?

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
It sounds weird, but a canary is one of my dream birdies at this point! I just LOVE their song!! I'm going to negotiate to let Jeremy keep one downstairs because I'd LOVE to hear it sing!!

I can't wait for pictures!! Do they have names? Do you know if they're male/female?
They are adorable Joanna, I wish you lived closer:) They were turned into another rescue who does large birds and she contacted me to see if I could take these two (I do small bird rescue). So, I said sure. One is very yellow and the other is brown and white/tan. They are really pretty. I believe they are both boys:heart:

No names yet. For some reason I feel like the yellow one should be named Magoo and the brown one should be Hanford. I have no idea where those names came from but you know how I am, they just fly out of me:D

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
AWWW thats Great:) I miss having a Canary:( The funniest thing to hear though is an African Grey trying to sing like a canary:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Maybe someday I will get another Canary-and Tape the flock trying to sing:) I Birdysat for My Grand Daughters Parakeet for a week and now have a Grey that does a perfect Keet sound:hehe:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Maybe someday I will get another Canary-and Tape the flock trying to sing:) I Birdysat for My Grand Daughters Parakeet for a week and now have a Grey that does a perfect Keet sound:hehe:
That is so funny. I love watching the videos of the greys when they are posted here. Their voices are so cute and clear:hug8: You have so many, they must be talking up a storm all the time. Do you know who everyone's voices are from another room?

Status
Not open for further replies.