• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just got to say macaws are SMART!

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today, our B&G Winged Victory who has lived with us for 25 years, when I came into his room limping after twisting my ankle overnight YELLS out, WHAT HAPPENED!!! He knows the wording as he shouts it out when he hears a loud sound or the flock are extra loud. I was totally surprised, though how he related it to my limp!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I am certain that my Jasper is a lot smarter than me.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just got to say macaws are SMART!

Today, our B&G Winged Victory who has lived with us for 25 years, when I came into his room limping after twisting my ankle overnight YELLS out, WHAT HAPPENED!!! He knows the wording as he shouts it out when he hears a loud sound or the flock are extra loud. I was totally surprised, though how he related it to my limp!
That they are! So, WHAT HAPPENED!!!? :xflove: Hope your ankle is feeling better soon.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
That's awesome!! Birds are smarter than we give them credit for.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
When I jumped out of bed, didn't land totally on the bottom of my feet;
Oh man, that would be something I would do. Something silly like step funny...

I hope you gave him the full story on what happened. My guys just look at me and say "oh" "oh" when I tell them stories. LOL

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Morgan does something that never ceases to amaze me. If I'm talking on the phone near her, say, in the kitchen, and someone says something funny, Morgan will laugh after they say it BEFORE I start. How does she that???

@Big Blues, glad you're on the mend.

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Morgan does something that never ceases to amaze me. If I'm talking on the phone near her, say, in the kitchen, and someone says something funny, Morgan will laugh after they say it BEFORE I start. How does she that???

@Big Blues, glad you're on the mend.
Amazing, I am constantly surprised at our flock, so much we still don’t know about them and their abilities.