• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just given a lost Conure

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Right now we're kinda holding off in case his family turns up and keeping him fed, watered, and entertained.
You forget I spent 5 years getting Lurch to come to a understanding with me. It was just a surprise when he decided he wasn't going to play nice anymore and went to war with me. It could very well be between a new situation and having a bad time outside he's feeling better and also hormonal because he certainly touchy and doing all kinds of things right now. He has a home one way or the other at this point and like Lurch eventually we'll come to a understanding with each other.
Boy did this bird end up at the right place!!!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Today he FINALLY calmed down a bit so I just let him out. He nibbled on my arm a bit and slightly opened his beak if I reached for him, better then actively trying to seek me out to bite my fingers through the bars. I put on a big hoody with the hood up and he's sitting calmly on my shoulder and running around and squeaking so far. I'm not pushing him and if he stays nice I'll let him stay there and snooze or do what he wants.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Music to his ears—- I can do what I want! :xflove:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
He got his checkup today and he was all systems pass go. They said he/she is in excellent shape and feather and of course he charmed them and was a perfect gentleman after biting the crap outa sister Sandy when she tried to stuff him in the carrier.
He has no chip and weighs 65 grams, likes apples and triskets.
He's good to be around Dobby so maybe we'll try putting the cages close enough to see each other and see how they do.
He started getting stressed and overheated so they cut it short and brought him out to the car with a list and talked to her a bit about him.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
What a cutie!!!

Are we talking about a fully flighted Conure?
Yep, as soon as he got fueled up and was rested he started flying all over the room he's in when out. He hasn't flown a lot and he's still probably not over his escape and adventure for however long he was outside. At least his check up was good so now it's work with him till he's happy or his family claims him.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
The wife of the husband and wife vet team sent us a email saying she's pretty certain he is actually a she because of the rounder head, pink feet, and stance on the perch. She also said she was a fun patient. :xflove: Might explain why she really liked me at first when we brought her home too.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
We got her a huge nice used flight cage today. Lady heard the story and dropped the price from 50 to 30 and she and her husband delivered it this morning because they were close by and wanted to help Pippen. It's taller then the cage Dobby has but narrow so will have fun finding a spot for it. I think she will love it, lotsa room to flit about. She even gave me a few toys and perches and food bowls so she should be all set in a house fit for a queen.

Attachments

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Pippen in the new cage, she seems to like all the space.:D A lady e mailed me today about her GCC that was lost in February but it definitely wasn't her and was an hour away or more in Salem. I sent a couple of pictures so she'd know for sure it wasn't her girl:(

Attachments

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Wow! Nice! Pippen is a lucky girl! :heart:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The wife of the husband and wife vet team sent us a email saying she's pretty certain he is actually a she because of the rounder head, pink feet, and stance on the perch. She also said she was a fun patient. :xflove: Might explain why she really liked me at first when we brought her home too.
Astro has pink feet. So I had to look up a photo of her parents... they both had pink feet too so I don't think you can go by the color of feet. I'd have to guess at this point which is which.. but the male might be on the left. He was a tad bigger than his hen.

ysgcconures2-2.jpg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Wow Pippen’s cage is huge! Nice!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Like I said the gal wanted 50 for the cage and I don't have Nerds smallish cage anymore so I wanted a decent cage used and cheap. I had no clue it was that big but I was fine with 50 seeing how it looked nice and roomy. She wanted to give me a deal because she loves her budgies and knew I would appreciate it and Pippen would love it.
She actually asked if she liked it and I let her know she seems to love it.
Mom said I should give it to Dobby but I think he likes the extra room front to back and he's been in it since he got here. He doesn't move around as much as she does so she uses all the space.
Every bird cage I see on Craigslist seems to be priced at retail so was thrilled to find a really nice cage cheap for once. I told her she should join up here but we'll see.
I actually found it on Nextdoor.com so might be a good option for folks looking for decent cages and anything else you might need locally and cheap or free.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
That is a good deal— and nice cage!

I love finding bargains. :)