• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just given a lost Conure

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well, Somebody called and said they had Lurch on their shoulder right now. Turns out to be a very tired droopy Green Cheek Conure as far as I can tell. He didn't think he could safely keep him with 3 cats and a dog so he's here in the computer room in Dobbys shower cage. He's been eating and sleeping a lot and guy said he was pretty wobbly and tired and glued himself to his shoulder. He climbed out of the carrier on the ride home and cuddled under my neck and ground his beak and slept.
He was found in Fairview Oregon and is in Portland on around 122nd and Powell at my house. I guess we'll have to check Parrot Alert and see if he's listed and post him around tomorrow as it's after 11pm here right now.
Hoping he perks up with some rest and food and water and does OK over the night. He's not having any trouble breathing or like that, just extremely tired and wanting love.
Trying to keep him away from Dobby and he's in the other end of the house so hopefully we find his family and he goes home soon or he perks up eventually and Dobby has a new friend.
If anyone in the area of Fairview Oregon is recently missing a Green Cheek with a green leg band we have him.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Awww I’m sorry it wasn’t Lurch! Your heart must’ve been beating hard going there.

But thank you for taking care of someone’s wayward baby. Hopefully you can reunite him with his people.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I knew it wasn't him the minute he said his belly was yellow and he has a leg band but I couldn't leave him with somebody that didn't think he would be safe in his home so here he is and I hope he gets rested and feels better in the morning. I just checked on him and he was stuffing face, He ran over to get a scritch and squeeked at me in his little voice.
Hopefully both of us can sleep and will check in on him if I wake up overnight and so will sister. He's a little sweet heart right now but he's had a rough go of it.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor bird, sounds like they were desperate to find some good humans. They were loved and taken care of at some point in their life. I hope someone is out there looking for them.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Do you have a vet you can drop him off with? I know Dr. Orosz will take in those birds and vet them at her cost and if she can't find the owner, will adopt them out. Poor wee baby. Be well sweetie.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Do you have a vet you can drop him off with? I know Dr. Orosz will take in those birds and vet them at her cost and if she can't find the owner, will adopt them out. Poor wee baby. Be well sweetie.
OHHHH. You know Dartman has just acquired a new family member! :D

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I think we're going to take in to a vet closer to us that knows Pionus birds who I talked to when I lost Lurch. He's still with us this morning but still looks droopy and shaky, he perks up when we come in and wants attention. He ate a lot of food overnight.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I think we're going to take in to a vet closer to us that knows Pionus birds who I talked to when I lost Lurch. He's still with us this morning but still looks droopy and shaky, he perks up when we come in and wants attention. He ate a lot of food overnight.
Droopy and shaky scares me though.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Droopy and shaky scares me though.
It scares me too but he's still here and he perks up when we come in and was just pushing his head against my finger. We do have a vet appointment next Wednesday for a wellness check and that was the closest and best we could get.
The place that saw Nerd is down to one vet and so is the other one that knew Pionus so we had to take what we could. They do birds and price is reasonable for a hour workup. Hope he perks up but I think he was outside for a while and when he saw a open door he zipped in and latched onto the first friendly looking person he found. He was on the guys shoulder from 7pm till about 10 when we got there. He's still eating like a horse so appetite is great. Sister is going to pick up some Conure sized food and whatever else might help the little guy.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
He couldn’t have found a better place to land while waiting for his people. I hope you have good luck locating his family.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
He’s pretty :heart: