• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

just found a baby mynah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Hello can someone help me here i found a baby mynah and i have no idea what to feed it i have a baby parrot mix.not sure if its safe for it tho should i take it or should i leave it be? It looks like a fledgling but i have absolutely no knowledge about mynahs all ik is that they shouldnt eat too much iron

Attachments

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I believe it is a fledgling. Lucky you!
You’re right about the iron. I would try some fruit first. You have to chop it really small…. Really REALLY small. He could also eat some vegetables.

They eat crickets, small lizards etc in the wild. For bird food, any softbill/ low iron food will do.

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
I believe it is a fledgling. Lucky you!
You’re right about the iron. I would try some fruit first. You have to chop it really small…. Really REALLY small. He could also eat some vegetables.

They eat crickets, small lizards etc in the wild. For bird food, any softbill/ low iron food will do.
My friend said to smush bananas and try to feed it should i do that? Im trying to find the nest at the moment ive seen a mynah that seems to be sticking around alot im thinking that the mom i might go inside and look from the window or smth

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Be careful, they can be aggressive! You can do bananas if you want to.

I’ll bet it’s able to fly a little. Just doesn’t have good steering yet.

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Be careful, they can be aggressive! You can do bananas if you want to.

I’ll bet it’s able to fly a little. Just doesn’t have good steering yet.
We have a pet store near us i could go there and try to find myna h pellets soak them and try to guve it to him i gave the bananas a try he ate a bit then spitted out he is starting to pant should i take it inside?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes if you’re going keep it. Can you offer some water?

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Yes if you’re going keep it. Can you offer some water?
Im not really prepared for another bird especially one that pretty hard to care for i might take it and try to rehome it my brother is on his way to the shop to give the pellets a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.