• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just curious. Any other canary-winged parakeet owners?

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
I was wondering if there any other canary-winged parakeet owners that are active on here. I have seen a couple over the past two years, but they have never been active here other than a short while. Is there any current canary-winged parakeet owners here that are still active here or am I the only one that is active currently?

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
That's great that you are around! Sometimes I feel like I am the only one. :lol:
I think it's easy to feel that way when you have less known species. All three of mine aren't kept super often so I get excited when I see anyone who has any of them! Ollie (CWP) adores my husband though, I'm not "his" human. We get along well enough though :)

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Aww your friend's CW is beautiful!:heart::heart: I do agree though that they are really loud for their size. Their calls can be very high-pitched.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I fostered one for awhile. Does that count? I love canary-wingeds. Such cute little birds. My foster loved to be held but he didn't like scritches. But he would happily crawl all over me for as long as I let him. And he made this adorable little grumble sounds. I really enjoyed him.

Zellie

Moving in
I've got two white winged parakeets, very nice birds! There is an IO group for all brotogeris that you can join...lots of info and long time members. Google IO group and brotogeris if interested.

PablosMom

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
Hello. I was active on here when I first got my canary wing years ago. Decided to come check things out again recently.