• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just bought English Budgies!

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
To me she looks like her name should be Summer, June, or maybe Spring, but I also like the idea of a tree name like Willow, Juniper or Maple :) You can also check out the Bird Names Thread, it has loads of great suggestions.

kayosa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katy
I’ve decided on the name Akiko(autumn), to me she looks like the local willow trees that are turning from green to yellow.

kayosa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katy
I bought harness making supplies, I’ll try something later today. Yuki is sleeping on my hand while I type this :D
Here’s so quality pictures of Yuki and Akiko 8814159B-5625-485F-B0F4-C412F5F109D3.jpeg F40B9E69-3686-4471-AB75-3EFCB24EF3C8.jpeg
Yuki has some light silver blue tinge on her chest which is beautiful, just like snow.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
See alot of English in Yuki & some in Akiko. Didn't see they were so young. Be nice to watch them grow. Off to a great start.

Yuki is so pretty.

My Bubbles about 3 months (not sure)
bubbles P 116 089.jpg

bubblesP1160108.jpg

2 weeks after getting Bubble a parent raised chick she was eating out of my hand & napping on me.
bubbles P1160110.jpg
So cute. Sadly she had a very short life & died suddenly about 5 months later

Loved that little sweet girl.

kayosa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katy
So beautiful, I had an Aussie budgie the same color as Bubbles!

B160542D-1ABE-44EA-9985-D484C5B32619.jpeg
I made a stand and I’m sitting next to Akiko and Yuki making more toys for them. I cut rounds of manzanita and drilled holes to use them as beads. So far they aren’t interested in the toys, but they just moved in, they might like toys later. At least I hope so, I like watching birds play.

kayosa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katy
A84C7D4F-A715-4EF0-9478-3168452AD2F6.jpeg
I made a cage cover this morning, the front part peals back so the top still covers durning the day but makes the cage stay warm at night. It’s above 70 most nights(up to 76 during the day) but the first night I had them I could hear them shivering. A mass of towels over cage ensued.
so I bought some fleece remnants at the fabric store and sewed this lovely light blocking cover. The added bonus is that I can spot Yuki now, since finding a white bird against white cage bars and white wall isn't easy. :cautious:
4426A16B-D4A5-4573-BD0E-8CB6FDEEB87B.jpeg
Yuki and Akiko had some fun flying around my room, the clipped wings do slow them down a bit, and landing isn’t graceful. Ive been cleaning up my room to make it Bird safe. I have fish tanks and there for chemicals. I need everything put in drawers again, since I’m used to leaving them on my shelves.