• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just Blame the Breeder

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a worry :( I hope her delivery goes smoothly, that the baby is healthy and that her recovery is swift and straightforward.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Oh no, I am so sorry.

Hope that all goes well. Will be thinking of you all tomorrow

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The hard part of breeding is dealing with the general public. I try hard to have a high opinion of people. But then, I try to sell a bird... Its the reason I semi-retired from breeding. I have one parrotlet female that I keep saying I'm going to find a mate for her and I keep just not doing it. Its been a few years since I've had babies. Finding quality bird owners is hard. The reason I still have 4 of my own amazon babies is I just couldn't find great people to take them. I'd still kind of like to find a home for a couple of them elsewhere and every now and then I throw out an add just to see what I get. But, I won't sell until I ask lots of open ended questions and have a lengthy conversation with the person. And then I go with my gut and my best judgment of the person having exceptional character. I had a few run ins with crazy people when I had lower standards. With higher standards, I find I rarely sell a bird.
I hope your daughter and grandchild have a good outcome and they just end up being asymptomatic.