• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

...just a reminder...

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
Well something is in the air because Tinker has bit the back of my hand four times the last few days and drawn blood. Once he ran two feet to attack me. Ten minutes later he's my long lost buddy. Go figure.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I wonder if he was grabbing for the sheet or blanket and ended up catching your finger. But yes they all bite when they are too excited! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Elvis grabbed my nose this morning! He didn't break the skin luckily, but ow! Not sure what got into him. He isn't usually bitey like that with me. There's definitely something in the air with cockatoos this week.....

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Omg! Fred has been jumpy today and a couple of times I was half expecting a good nip. In fact a couple times he had his beak around my thumb and hesitated, I said NO BITE, and he let go. I know he was thinking because he then attacked my shirt! Lol! Yup he wants to bite today. I gave him his veggies. Let him bite that lol.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Elvis grabbed my nose this morning! He didn't break the skin luckily, but ow! Not sure what got into him. He isn't usually bitey like that with me. There's definitely something in the air with cockatoos this week.....
Could it be changing the season? I noticed Fred was funny acting in the spring changing with the animals coming out of hibernation. Now the animals are running around getting ready for winter. He actually jumps looking out the windows when he sees the flash of a squirrel or chipmunk or birds depending on how close they are to the window.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Could it be changing the season? I noticed Fred was funny acting in the spring changing with the animals coming out of hibernation. Now the animals are running around getting ready for winter. He actually jumps looking out the windows when he sees the flash of a squirrel or chipmunk or birds depending on how close they are to the window.
I think it's the change of season and the time change. Elvis pretty much gets up at the same time everyday and likes to go to bed at the same time. So the hour clock thing always throws him off because of my schedule. Plus, Howie is out of town this week. So, Elvis is home alone. Usually, Howie is in and out of the house.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
There's definitely something in the air with cockatoos this week.....
Milton has been very crabby the last two days...first showing aggressive behaviors, then lovey-dovey the next minute. We're on extreme alert when he's out. (which is still most of the time ;))

Southern hemisphere is going into spring/summer season...perhaps that has something to do with it...instincts run deep in 'toos...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Milton has been very crabby the last two days...first showing aggressive behaviors, then lovey-dovey the next minute. We're on extreme alert when he's out. (which is still most of the time ;))

Southern hemisphere is going into spring/summer season...perhaps that has something to do with it...instincts run deep in 'toos...
That's kind of been Elvis too- almost clingy at times (which isn't him) and wanting me with him constantly. And then nippy the next minute. Weird. I'm glad Howie is out of town this week......

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
That's kind of been Elvis too- almost clingy at times (which isn't him) and wanting me with him constantly. And then nippy the next minute. Weird. I'm glad Howie is out of town this week......
Ah I didn't think of the time change! And Fred has changed behavior with Joe I was convinced it had something to do with Joe's work schedule changes! He sees Joe a lot less. This morning Fred was screaming at Joe as he went out the door. He was mad Joe was leaving lol.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Ah I didn't think of the time change! And Fred has changed behavior with Joe I was convinced it had something to do with Joe's work schedule changes! He sees Joe a lot less. This morning Fred was screaming at Joe as he went out the door. He was mad Joe was leaving lol.
Yep...even "little" changes to their routines will sometimes throw these guys for a loop...another reason to be flexible to adapt to their fickleness ...:yes3:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I visit my friends u2, Jefferson quite often, I have also held him quite a few times. My friends tell me he's nippy I will only reach out to him if he reaches out for me, and say the same thing, NICE BOY. The last time I held him he makes eye contact and says LOVE YOU. My friend tells me I am a true bird person and somehow they know it! Jefferson is a large bird, I am told 21" tall, his claws are almost the size of my hands! I am awestruck at his size. But I always have in the back of my mind to proceed with caution!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My friend tells me I am a true bird person and somehow they know it!
Milton is like that. He seems to be able to identify "bird people"...he will seek them out to interact with...I've seen him do this many times!

If they are female, he will begin to flirt with them, in a very shameless way, I must say. To the person, it's so very cute...but to me, it's nauseating...:wtf: :rolleyes:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
You should have heard my friend when I related the broken finger story! She's a Tiel and Budgie person. She said, he did WHAT??? I said, yep, that's right... broken. She was shocked. She said her desire for a Cockatoo ended right then and there. :eek:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
You should have heard my friend when I related the broken finger story! She's a Tiel and Budgie person. She said, he did WHAT??? I said, yep, that's right... broken. She was shocked. She said her desire for a Cockatoo ended right then and there. :eek:
I'd imagine that would happen...us 'too people are an unusual kind of person. I do wish I had the room for a second 'too...I'd love to see Milton's reactions to another U2...

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Milton is like that. He seems to be able to identify "bird people"...he will seek them out to interact with...I've seen him do this many times!

If they are female, he will begin to flirt with them, in a very shameless way, I must say. To the person, it's so very cute...but to me, it's nauseating...:wtf: :rolleyes:
They're really funny birds. Jefferson will make eye contact and walk towards me with a showstopper stride that reminds me of a cassanova lol! All the while saying WELL, HELLOOOO, in an almost sexy voice. That's a riot! And I couldn't believe it when he first did that. Is that Milty too? I am such a U2 fan, adorable birds!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
They're really funny birds. Jefferson will make eye contact and walk towards me with a showstopper stride that reminds me of a cassanova lol! All the while saying WELL, HELLOOOO, in an almost sexy voice. That's a riot! And I couldn't believe it when he first did that. Is that Milty too? I am such a U2 fan, adorable birds!
...yes, that's part of Milton's way...then he'll put his head on a person's shoulder and, in a soft cute 'too voice, whisper "I love you" ...over and over.

Seen him do it numerous times...it gets more mushy every time...:rolleyes:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
...yes, that's part of Milton's way...then he'll put his head on a person's shoulder and, in a soft cute 'too voice, whisper "I love you" ...over and over.

Seen him do it numerous times...it gets more mushy every time...:rolleyes:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::heart::heart::heart:
What a little doll!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:rofl::rofl::rofl::heart::heart::heart:
What a little doll!
...and just a reminder from my first post here...Milton IS a Cockatoo...;) :)

...and another quote of mine...Cockatoos have the intelligence of a five year old (human) the temperament of a two year old, with a can opener on their face...for sixty years...;) :yes3:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
...and just a reminder from my first post here...Milton IS a Cockatoo...;) :)

...and another quote of mine...Cockatoos have the intelligence of a five year old (human) the temperament of a two year old, with a can opener on their face...for sixty years...;) :yes3:
I know, he's just so cute!! I am sure he knows it too lol!