• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Just a quick Seamus update

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Oh man I love the rollers! So much easier to throw a towel on an upside down bird than chase one through the house! Tiko is my only roller, Sakie if she is mad enough.

He looks so great and I'm so proud of the work you have both done! I just feel like it will continue to get better and easier with time.
How are you handling being the nurse? Have that routine down so well now?
We definitely have our routine down now. He doesn’t like taking his meds but he doesn’t really fight it either. He’ll be cranky with us right after, so that’s when I give him some extra food...soothes his hurt feelings.
We haven’t had to towel him at home so far. He does get upset with us but he never actually bites. That may change once he realizes his beak is useable again lol, but for now he is pretty easy to handle when he does the back flop. He grumbles loudly and kicks his little feet, but lets us pick him up and transport him where he needs to go lol. The vet even said he was easier to handle this visit so I think he’s getting the hang of being taken care of finally.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So easy! I have to do Tiko's nails soon so I'll try to think to video him rolling. :rofl: I used to use two towels but he has given up the struggle the last few times. You know the feet will grab the towel that hits the feet first so have a second to lay after that. ;) They won't let go of the towel with their feet so you are usually golden with the second.
This is something I must see!!