• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

just a funny story or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:)Years ago I used to do investigation here and I would get the strangest calls sometimes.One woman had called and asked if I did alligators.:huh:That was a job usually for fish and game..so I called my boss asking,Do i do alligators?Well it turned out we do.. do alligators until fish and game arrives.We were taught quick lessons about certain animals.and this was one..if you ever had to run from a gator never do it in a striaght line run zig zag.Now I'm wondering who testing out that theory.thank god when we arrived fish and game was there already.
Another day I got a call on an injured egret.:huh:I thought to myself how will I catch an egret safely.Weheaded out with blankets and a few other things that might come in handy.I took one of the ladies who works with me to help.We arrived and sure enough there was an egret with an injured leg.After about 90 minutes of looking like an episode of "Lucy and Ethel"we ended up cornering him into a fence and tossing a light blanket arund him.We have a bird sanctuary not far from here...where they take in all injured winged wildlife
Anothr day sitting in the office this guys came to the door and said do you take in injured birds.in emergency's we did..WEll he walked back to his car and came back out with a huge hawk on his arm.It had been shot through the wing.Into one of our giant carriers he went and off to *Beaks* sanctuary we went.
One of the funniest calls I ever recieved was from the yacht club asking if I did racoons.Which i did and had trapped many and relocated them>Well according to dispatch and the call this coon had 3 very well dressed men trapped at the end of a dock at the yacht club.:lol:She stressed very well dressed official this was apriority call.So i went to the yacht club thinking maybe this was a prank call.Well it wasn't.. there at the end of a dock were three very well dressed officials..and at the other end of the dock was this terrified racoon.WEll all three of the very well dressed officials immediately saw me..and said,"They sent a woman to do mans work":rolleyes:WEll I thought about geting into my truck and letting them swim in the intrcoastal water way for a split second...then thought no that wouldnt look good for me..So i replied rather sweetly,"Yes they sent a woman to save all three of you well dressed officials":rofl:So with a catch pole , a trap and a can of cat food..I had the racoon in no more that 10 minutes.He was just as afraid of them as they were of him.As we made our way back up the dock i heard the old one say.."Wow she saved us can you believe it":rofl:The racoon was turned loose off the island in anice wooded area....where no well dressed officials resided for many miles..:lol:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing it was very nice to read some cute storries

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I know you have to be professional but the remark from the stiffs dressed nicely Would of been "well i could just let the coon eat you for lunch, and start walking away LOL

great stories :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hehe:I really enjoy your stories..

Status
Not open for further replies.