• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jungle Talk Toy Phone Replacement

AMidnightSoul

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
Hi all,

My Red-Bellied's favorite toy broke after many years use. It's the Jungle Talk Toy Phone. The link goes to the small version, but he had the large version. Unfortunately, it's no longer manufactured.Does anyone know of any similiar toys that could serve as a replacement? I ordered one toy phone for children but it turned out to not be suitable. It has soft buttons so he can't press them well enough to make them make noise and he could end up tearing it up and getting to the electronics, which isn't safe. Gizmo would appreciate any help :).

AMidnightSoul

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
They’re available here in Aus I believe JUNGLE TALK TALK N PLAY LARGE

I’d be happy to help out if you can’t order directly from them.
Thank you. It looks like they don't ship to the U.S. If I'm unable to find a replacement or a toy that would fulfill the same needs, I'll let you know. I appreciate the offer for help.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I wonder if any of the other stores or eBay will deliver to the US? There’s actually a few different places to get it from here.

AMidnightSoul

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
I've found it for sale on a few U.S. websites that I've never heard of before but they have bad reviews, so I'm steering clear of them. I did manage to get two of the buttons on his current one to start working again, but it's probably not long before they quit working again.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Not quite the same, but my macaw loves musical toys that play songs by pushing buttons.
I've recently gotten him the Baby Einstein musical jam toy.

I've mounted it to the wall, and keep the cage just close enough he can hit the buttons, but not tear it apart too fast.
I at first hung it on the outside of the cage, but he tore it up in a few weeks.
I like you have to make sure he can't get to the insides.
I have another one coming in the mail.
I stalk ebay for them. ;)

I'm sure smaller birds wouldn't cause as much damage. It's a pretty sturdy toy.

AMidnightSoul

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
Not quite the same, but my macaw loves musical toys that play songs by pushing buttons.
I've recently gotten him the Baby Einstein musical jam toy.

I've mounted it to the wall, and keep the cage just close enough he can hit the buttons, but not tear it apart too fast.
I at first hung it on the outside of the cage, but he tore it up in a few weeks.
I like you have to make sure he can't get to the insides.
I have another one coming in the mail.
I stalk ebay for them. ;)

I'm sure smaller birds wouldn't cause as much damage. It's a pretty sturdy toy.
Thanks! I'll search for it. He likes music notes even more than he likes hearing the "Helloooo Bird!" or "Heeeelllooo" from the toy phone, so that will be a good option.