• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Judy update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope they get it figured out! Doing the culture is so worth the wait. Thank goodness Judy has you. :hug8:

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
Her poor nose looks so gross this morning. There's brown nastiness coming out of both sides and oozing down. I really hope the cultures come back soon. It just breaks my heart that she goes through so much and I still don't know what to do for her.
:hug8: No worse feeling than not knowing what is the matter or what can be done to make them feel better. :hug8:

I did the nasal flush tonight. There's a huge blob of stuff that I can't get tome come all the way out. I enlisted my daughter's help, but we just couldn't get it. I used the syringe to apply suction to the blob and managed to get a lot of it out that way, but not all. I'm not sure where it's all coming from so fast. After the nasal flush, Judy put her foot out asking to step up. She didn't like the linoleum. She stepped up :D It was short lived though because she can't balance with her foot very well with her foot not grasping.
What a sweetheart.:heart:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Poor Judy.... I can't imagine how hard it is on both of you. Where on earth can all of that be coming from :confused: it really does make me wonder if it had some neurological effect. I'm thinking of you guys, and wish often for the best for you!

Tangle Elf

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Still no test results back. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. I took all of Judy's records over yesterday, including the epic birdie boogers. She's still a little stopped up, but not as bad as Tuesday and Wednesday, so I didn't flush her nares yesterday. I've been giving her the metacam. Unfortunately, I can't find something she likes enough to know that she's going to eat it. She loves sunflower seeds, but she rarely gets them and I can't get medicine into her that way anyway.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Still no test results back. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. I took all of Judy's records over yesterday, including the epic birdie boogers. She's still a little stopped up, but not as bad as Tuesday and Wednesday, so I didn't flush her nares yesterday. I've been giving her the metacam. Unfortunately, I can't find something she likes enough to know that she's going to eat it. She loves sunflower seeds, but she rarely gets them and I can't get medicine into her that way anyway.
Did you try juice? Mine love most fruit juices - orange, grapefruit, cranberry, mixed... They will drink it from a spoon. I have mixed liquid medications in juice without issue. For tablets, I have crushed them up and put them in yogurt. My guys also LOVE Cool Whip and ice cream so they might work. Good luck!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hmm, have you tried organic baby food? Mine love it handfed with a spoon, slightly warm. It's a nighttime snack around here! I find I can't go wrong with Sweet potato. Otherwise juices are a good idea, as well as maybe some almond milk.

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Did you try juice? Mine love most fruit juices - orange, grapefruit, cranberry, mixed... They will drink it from a spoon. I have mixed liquid medications in juice without issue. For tablets, I have crushed them up and put them in yogurt. My guys also LOVE Cool Whip and ice cream so they might work. Good luck!

Hmm, have you tried organic baby food? Mine love it handfed with a spoon, slightly warm. It's a nighttime snack around here! I find I can't go wrong with Sweet potato. Otherwise juices are a good idea, as well as maybe some almond milk.
Both of you got me thinking about what she likes and would eat or drink a little of off the spoon. Hmmm. She likes the flavor of the medicine. Maybe I'll put it on the spoon. Then I wondered if she might just take it right from the syringe. Guess what. She did exactly that. :dance4: She tasted it and I squirted a little. She liked it and came back for more. Why in the world did it take so long to figure this out? At least I have the food ideas on hand. I've always worried about the possibility of having to medicate Korbin Dallas. He'll eat anything though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Both of you got me thinking about what she likes and would eat or drink a little of off the spoon. Hmmm. She likes the flavor of the medicine. Maybe I'll put it on the spoon. Then I wondered if she might just take it right from the syringe. Guess what. She did exactly that. :dance4: She tasted it and I squirted a little. She liked it and came back for more. Why in the world did it take so long to figure this out? At least I have the food ideas on hand. I've always worried about the possibility of having to medicate Korbin Dallas. He'll eat anything though, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Awesome!! Hey, straight is even better, that way you know how much she is getting :) Glad to hear it, hopefully it will get her on the road to recovery sooner! :dance5:

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

Awesome!! Hey, straight is even better, that way you know how much she is getting :) Glad to hear it, hopefully it will get her on the road to recovery sooner! :dance5:
I tried it once before, but she wouldn't do it. She was on three meds then. I think the metacam is the one that tastes good. I'm sure she'll have a new med next week. I'll have to start trying babyfoods and juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.