• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jolly Ball (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
Hopefully this falls under the DIY category. I bought a plain Jolly Ball and added the hardware and decorated it. Since my babies love shreddables, I used a lot of them, so I expect to have to redo/refill it soon. Here are some pictures of Skyler checking it out this morning from the safety of his favorite boing, which it's hanging next to.
IMG_9492.jpg
IMG_9493.jpg
IMG_9504.jpg

He saw me put some of his favorite foot toys inside, and he reached in after them.
IMG_9494.jpg
IMG_9495.jpg
IMG_9501.jpg

Going in...
IMG_9496.jpg
I didn't think he would go in, but he did. Guess he couldn't resist checking it out since his foot toys were in there.

Peek a boo!
IMG_9499.jpg

Coming out. There's my boing!
IMG_9500.jpg

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
GREAT looking pics!! Skyler is beautiful!:heart:

ECF10

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ted
Awesome! I have a plain jollyball that I am planning to get creative with this summer. Did it take long for your fids to take to it? Were they afraid of it at first? Gre.at job!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
That looks great! I think he loves it already!!!!

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Great job! :highfive: It looks like he is having a wonderful time playing in and on it! :dancing:

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
Awesome! I have a plain jollyball that I am planning to get creative with this summer. Did it take long for your fids to take to it? Were they afraid of it at first? Gre.at job!
Ted, I thought they would be afraid of it and couldn't imagine them actually going inside it... but Skyler was adventurous and was inside it within about 15 minutes of putting him on the boing hanging next to the Jolly Ball. The only coaxing I did was letting him see me put a few of his foot toys inside it. It surprised me that he actually went inside it to play. He was able to turn around and come back out onto his boing with no help. I while later, I looked up and saw that he was back inside the Jolly Ball again. He's been in and out of it a few times this afternoon and he's not afraid of it. I'm going to put him on the other playstand now, and put Conner on the boing to see if he likes the Jolly Ball. I'll let you know how it turns out.

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
Ok, I put Conner on the boing and put a little piece of millet and a couple sunflower seeds as a treat inside the Jolly Ball. He jumped right in. He wasn't scared of it either.
Checking it out...
IMG_9505.jpg IMG_9506.jpg

Hey, I found a sunflower seed...
IMG_9510.jpg

And some millet. I LOVE millet...
IMG_9518.jpg

Ohhh... shredders... My favorite!
IMG_9515.jpg

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
awwwwww they are both so pretty.I have a question are jolly balls just for the smaller birds? Or do amazon size birds like them?

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
That looks nice! I make and sell them alot. Although you got yours elsewhere... is that a 10" size? Skyler looks cute in that last pic!

Marian - you can get the Jolly Ball in 6", 10" & 14" and an Amazon would require a 14" size.

Status
Not open for further replies.