• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo is adapting well. I added a rope and wood ladder perch thing to his cage. Might move it but I'll wait a while so he doesn't freak out when I do move it. Also added a bendy rope perch to the outside of his cage for an extra perch for him or Sweetie to land on. Gonna have to work with both birds to get them to accept it but I think it won't take too long for them to start landing on it on their own. Sweetie is now moved into JoJo's old cage and she's loving it. She's got lots of space to move around in and a much bigger water bowl. it didn't take her long to discover it and she christened her cage with a well deserved bath. She was hopping in to the water, fluffing up and splish splashing around having a good ole time. I had her out for a little bit and after a while, she found her way back into her cage. She knew it was her cage now which is fantastic. I'll be able to have her out much more. JoJo will get more time out as well but I need to work with him to get used to the play top. Sweetie just shakes everything off while JoJo freaks out over the dumbest stuff. Budgies are the chihuahuas of the bird world in my opinion. They thing they are bigger than they are while the big birds are sweethearts and(in my case) scared of random things that you think they would be scared of. Like their own feathers.

I'm gonna be slowly gathering a few more toys for both birds. I think one of the things I'm gonna get are foraging toys first. I found some that I think will be perfect.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Update on the two featherbutts. They are doing fantastic in their upgraded homes. Sweeties is LOVING her larger cage. She's so much happier and isn't scrambling around like she's trying to get out or begging me to get her out. She's happily playing with her toys and singing away. She loves here larger water dish too. She can actually take a bath now. She's fearless and has no issues with crawling around on the play top of JoJo's cage. She even jumped right into one of the deep dishes that's on the play stand and all I could see of her were her tail feathers. I need to get shallower dishes for up there......

JoJo definitely is needing more stuff in his cage. More toys and a couple more perches. But it all has to be gotten piece by piece. I gave him a couple homemade foraging toys and stuffed it full of paper strips and bits of treats and he seems to be entertained by that somewhat. He's getting better with the play top. Got him to crawl up the ladder suing some treat seeds. Been giving rewards for sitting on the stand and crawling around on it so he learns it a good place to be. He still insists on going over to bug the daylights out of Sweetie though. Sigh. Some things never change.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Been a hot minute hasn't it. JoJo is doing well in his bigger cage. Sweetie is doing well too though there was a spot where I was worried about here but turned out she was just a tad bit plugged up but she's fine now.

JoJo has learned a new phrase. He will now randomly start going off saying 'peek-a-boo' out of the blue. He even actually plays peek-a-boo with me. I'll 'hide' and reappear and he goes 'peek-a-boo' at me. He's such a silly bird. I'm planning on getting him a good harness at some point and harness train him so I can take him to a couple of places. Of course, I'll do things slowly and introduce him to everything at his pace so he doesn't hurt himself. I'll teach him everything is ok and that mama will keep him safe.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
HUGE Update.

JoJo doesn't seem to hate everyone anymore. A couple days ago I had a young couple over to pick up some feeder mice for their snakes and they found I had birds. Well, I brought JoJo out to say hello and both of them were able to scratch him without getting a chunk nipped out of them. Even more amazing was that the young man was able to reach into JoJo's cage and pull him out without a fuss. He just stepped up onto his hand like he does with me.

And then today, my mom was able to give JoJo a little scritch without getting attacked. She just pet him a little and didn't push it. Just a little scritch and before things got violent, she stopped and pulled away.

But damn. Maybe it's because he's coming into his maturity since he is almost 2(will be 2 come spring). Maybe he's just getting over himself. But still, I'm floored by it. He's still by baby bird but at least he doesn't hate everyone as much as I thought he did.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo's second hatch day and gotcha day has come and gone. He's in his terrible twos now. Lovely.

I know I haven't posted in this in a long time. Been busy with life. But my birds are doing lovely.

Sweetie has a boyfriend now. She hates him but she'll get over it. She's been a single bird for 3 years so this is all new to her. At least all it is is here chasing him off and it's not a whole lot of squawking and flying feathers.

Of course, JoJo is s till a brat. Always will be. A friend of mine has a Quaker now and he brings 'her' over to visit from time to time. It's interesting to see them interact. They don't fight or anything but they sure are confused. JoJo hasn't been around another Quaker so he has no idea what this other green potato thing is. He warms up to Kiwi(the other Quaker) after a few minutes though. I think he just has to wrap his head around what he's seeing. It's all supervised of course. Kiwi is still a baby as she just weaned off formula. Maybe JoJo knows that? Instincts perhaps? Who knows.

SunnySandi

Walking the driveway
I have loved reading your journey with JoJo or is his full name Jonathan? Joseph? Josuke? Or Jotaro? ;)

I have a lovely little cockatiel but also fret that when he/she begins to feel grown they’ll go into mood swings, but so is life, right?

Birdy play dates sound adorable and look forward to any further updates you give as a fledgling birb owner

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Someone got the reference! I originally wanted a yellow ringneck to name Dio but I decided on a Quaker and named him JoJo after Jotaro.

They can't stay babies forever even though we wish they would.

I might be getting a harness so I may get to finally harness train JoJo. My friends bird loves to go out and about so hes going to harness train her since her wings won't ever be clipped which is smart of him since birds are meant to fly. At least I'll be able to tell the difference between two green potatoes. JoJo, ironically, has a 'birthmark' on the nape of his neck. A tiny little yellow feather. Just like a Joestar.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
o want pictures !

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm glad to meet another quaker keeper!
I've got 3 girls, different ages and backgrounds.

SunnySandi

Walking the driveway
That sounds adorable! I’ve definitely seen someone online w/ a yellow birb named Dio. I feel like umbrella cockatoo’s radiate big Dio energy lol

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I was torn between getting a caique, a ringneck or a quaker. Talked to someone about them and decided caiques and ringnecks were a bit much for me so I went with a quaker. I love my JoJo. He's such a brat though. Hates my mom. But that's what happens when they're hand raised by one person. They really bond to one person and kind of hate everyone else. Though he likes Kiwi's owners oddly enough. No one has been able to reach into JoJo's cage and get him out other than me. JoJo charges the bars when it's anyone else, though he does it to me too but that's just typical behavior for them being territorial and all. He's really territorial about his food and water dish though. He does not like me messing with them.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Aww.. sorry to hear you have behavior issues.

It hasn't been my experience that they are brats or only like one person. I've worked with mine to step up and visit briefly with others. And some visitors they enjoy hanging out with. One was a an adult re home, one an older rescue from terrible situations, one a pet store kiddo with some behavior issues, and my past quaker I got weaned directly from the breeder.

Mine are cage protective, but that's easy to work around.

But everyone has different experiences even with same species.

If there us anything I can help with let me know

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I hand raised JoJo myself. I got him as a baby, wasn't even weaned yet so I had to hand feed him. He's just super bonded to me is all. He's fine with me but tends to be 'hostile' to most other people. I can do just about anything with him. Ii can carry him around on his back or like an ice cream cone and he doesn't care. When he's out, he sit with me in bed and snuggles on my shoulder. Though I always end up with a bird face right in my glasses with a tongue mleming my lenses. Very strange view. He's a goo bird. Just in his terrible twos.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I hand raised JoJo myself. I got him as a baby, wasn't even weaned yet so I had to hand feed him. He's just super bonded to me is all. He's fine with me but tends to be 'hostile' to most other people. I can do just about anything with him. Ii can carry him around on his back or like an ice cream cone and he doesn't care. When he's out, he sit with me in bed and snuggles on my shoulder. Though I always end up with a bird face right in my glasses with a tongue mleming my lenses. Very strange view. He's a goo bird. Just in his terrible twos.
Sweet!
Same here! Tho no terrible 2s

Jemas

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
James
Of all places to see a JoJo reference, I didn't think it'd be a bird forum! :rofl:

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Of all places to see a JoJo reference, I didn't think it'd be a bird forum! :rofl:
:lol: It was planned. It's my top favorite anime. Oddly enough, I picked the right JoJo to name him after. He's kind in his own way but can be a real jerk when he wants to. Just like Jotaro.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Birds are weird.

I got JoJo a new food to mix with his regular diet. His normal food is Zupreem Naturals, it's what I had him on since he was able to eat regular bird food on his own. I got him Zupreem Fruit Blend. He likes it but here's where it gets weird.

He won't eat the yellow banana shaped pieces.

whaaa.....

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
When I used to get those, Twilight would pick out all the banana pieces and eat them first!:lol:
I know they all taste the same, but yellow was his favorite color of toys and things. Maybe JoJo doesn’t like the color yellow.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
When I used to get those, Twilight would pick out all the banana pieces and eat them first!:lol:
I know they all taste the same, but yellow was his favorite color of toys and things. Maybe JoJo doesn’t like the color yellow.
Maybe. Funny thing is, his favorite treat is banana and will go nuts if anyone has a banana in their hand. He knows the word banana, recognizes the shape of a banana but he leaves JUST the banana pieces behind.

Weird bird.