• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
With it getting colder, I'm wearing my robe a bit more. But that also means more snuggles. I'll bring JoJo out on the colder days and give him warm snuggles and if I'm wearing my robe, I'll lightly fold it over him like a blanket. Then he proceeds to crawl up to my shoulder to next to my neck while still under the robe and just sit there for a bit. I was doing that with him just a bit ago since it's quite chilly today and it's just too damn cute. He even popped his head out the top. I need to get him a cozy corner thing or something for the winter so he has something warm to snuggle against during the night. Of course, I'd keep an eye on things to make sure it stays safe.

In other news, it looks like a new cage will be possible soon-ish. It depends on what money is going to be like. Money has been tight lately due to this whole pandemic thing but we're managing. THe animals are getting cared for and they are happy so that's all that matters.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
So, I was hoping for a snuggle moment this morning with my baby bird JoJo. Well, I ended up with a sleeve monster instead. The goof decided to go exploring in my robe and went up my chest and into the sleeve of my robe only to pop out my my hand. So I ended up with the image below.

Oct 31, 2020 Sleeve Birb.jpg

I swear. I can't help but to laugh at the antics this kid pulls. I mean he's always doing something weird or goofy and it always makes me either laugh, go 'why' or question my sanity. But I guess that's the reactions all bird owners have. Specially the sanity part. Birds sure can drive us bonkers sometimes but that's their charm.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Haven't been on here in a while. Guess this needs a bit of an update. My birds are doing great. Still as sassy as ever. JoJo stopped talking for a while but he started talking again recently and with some new stuff to say. He started saying 'come here' and 'beep beep' out of the blue. Still saying his old stuff like 'baby bird' 'what ya doing' and 'hi JoJo'. He's also starting to get 'tickle tickle' down too. And laughing. He's trying to mimic my giggling. He loves his treats. Goes nuts over bananas. Gets so excited over anything nutriberries or avicakes. I break off small pieces of avicake and give him a bit or two a day or give him a piece of a nutriberry or a piece of the popcorn nutriberry. He loves it. I think he's warming up to my mom a bit more since she occasionally give him a treat of a nutriberry popcorn or banana. At first h would attack the banana like 'i hate you but i want it'. He doesn't attack it as much but still tries to take a nibble out of my mom when she tries getting close. Kinda funny.

I think Sweetie no longer likes him very much. When he comes out, she hauls tail feathers back into her cage and sits there like 'nope'. Once JoJo is back up, she'll come back up. I have to keep a towel on top of JoJo's cage now because the snot keeps getting a hold of Sweetie's little toes. He got her pretty good a couple times and I was like 'aw hail naw' and put the towel over the top to keep toes from getting nibbled on. Poor Sweetie was favoring her little foot for a bit after one time. No damage but she was sore.

Speaking of Sweetie, she has started taking a liking to the floor for some reason. Just out of the blue she started flying to the floor all on her own. I'm just sitting in bed and I see this lemon walking around picking at the floor and whatever else like nobodies business. She's still enjoying pestering me on my computer though. I taught her to tap with her beak on my keyboard. Took only once to teach here that. She's also taking a liking to landing on my head. Still likes landing on my glasses so I get a glorious view of bird butt.

Still no new cage for JoJo yet. BUT it seems that will be changing very soon. The money situation seems to leveling out a little bit now so it's just a matter of timing. Hopefully it happens soon.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
It's looking like I'll finally be able to get JoJo's new cage by the end of this week. At least order it anyway. I'm not holding my breath but that's what it's looking like. JoJo is going to love the cage. It's pretty big and has a play top on it. Once I get the new cage set up, I'll clean the holy fudge out of the one he is in now and set it up to move Sweetie in so she has an upgraded cage. I'll keep her old one as a travel cage since it would be a good use for that.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I'm slowly getting more things for JoJo's new cage. Just picked up one of those bendable rope perches for the outside of the new cage. Sure the new cage will have a play top perch but I want to have a couple other perching spots for both JoJo and Sweetie to climb around on. I'd like to be able to have both of them out but have plenty of other spots for safe escape from each other. I think I'm gonna get a platform perch for inside the cage next. One of those flat, solid wood corner platform pieces that's like a ledge. I have a little rope and wood ladder perch thingy I got a while ago and there's a perch in JoJo's current cage I will be moving into his new one. I'm gonna leave room for a hidey hole thingy(probably just going to be a cardboard box unless it's not something that's advisable to do) and a few toys. It's a pretty good sized cage and JoJo isn't that big of a bird(considering how LOUD he is, you'd think he'd be bigger than he is). I think once I get him all set up and he settles in, he's gonna love it. Sweetie will be taking over his current cage and she'll get to have cooler stuff to play with as well. Gonna get her one of those tiny boings since JoJo will have one.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
So JoJo has added something new to his vocabulary. He now says 'good bird'.

So far what he says is:
Hi JoJo
Baby bird
Beep beep
Come here
Good bird
Tickle tickle(though it's kinda there kinda not)

I'm gonna work on 'I love you' next. It's so funny how he talks though. Most of the time he says baby bird but he'll just blurt out a beep beep. And sometimes when I give him a treat he'll say good bird or come here. He loves his daily treats(I only give him a couple pieces of nutriberry popcorn or a small piece broken off a different nutriberry or avicake or some fresh banana as that's probably his absolute favorite). He'll take his treat in his foot and wiggle his foot as he nibbles away at it. Still rather confused about the foot wiggling thing but he's always done that. He even does it with his toys. Just one of his quirks I guess.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
A new development. JoJo now blows raspberries. I'll blow raspberries at his belly and now he's making the sound back at me. I just about died laughing when he started making the sound. He's picking up some of the oddest things. I think peekaboo and I love you will be the next two big ones I hope he picks up. Specially peekaboo since he kinda plays it with me by peeking out from under the towel that covers his cage before I lift it up. He'll pop his head down then back up and back down so I go 'peekaboo' when I see him doing that. Turn it into a game for him.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Oh the things that amuse a bird.

So I have these tiny, shot glass sized plastic red solo cups. I gave one to each my birds. Sweetie loves playing around with hers but JoJo found a funnier use for it. He's been grabbing his and hauling to the top of his cage and banging it around on the bars. He will also stick his head fully in it and squawk. Playing around with sounds it seems as I know parrots tend to do. I kept hearing a lot of banging around and I figured it out. I swear. JoJo gets me laughing at his antics.

In other news, in about 4 months or so I'll have had JoJo for a year. He's almost a year old. Where did the time go? He grew up so fast. I honestly miss watching him grow and develop into the bird he is now from that wobbly, barely half feathered ball of fluff I brought him home as. I kinda miss all the messy hand feedings and watching his cute excited bobbing. Hand raising JoJo was such an amazing experience and I'd do it all over again.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I can't wait for more warmer weather. JoJo loves getting spritzed down and I want to set up the water fountain thing for him and Sweetie to really get a good bath in. JoJo for sure. Once he feels the water, he gets all sorts of fluffed up and just goes nuts. He flaps his wings, leans forward, moves around and does all sorts of silly moves to get all up in the spritz. In the end, he turns into a wet chicken and dives in for a snack. Sweetie isn't a spritz me bird but she sure tries to bathe in her water dish. I'll look over and she'll be all wet and it's from her trying to get in her dish. Birds and their baths.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Well, I haven't posted anything in a while but yesterday was JoJo's 'Gotcha Day'. He's a year old now and man it's been a crazy year. With the pandemic and things going bonkers because of that, I don't know how I would have gotten through it without my crazy Quaker, JoJo.

Today, I gave him a special treat I don't give him often. One of those treat seed blocks. I might get him something else tomorrow as an extra special gift but I'll see if I can(getting some hamsters tomorrow so gonna be getting some supplies for them).

But man, it's been a journey. I miss JoJo's baby days but man it did not last long. Makes me want to do it all over again with another bird. Just that bonding and watching a shy little baby turn into something of a chaos master.

I have a long life with my goofball ahead. And I'm going to cherish every single moment of it.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Happy Gotcha Day!! :heart: :cheer: :starshower1:

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
As a special gift to my baby bird JoJo, I finally got him his new cage. It will be here hopefully by the end of the week. I got a Prevue Pet Products Wrought Iron Select Playtop cage. It's got lots of room and I'll be getting some more toys and other bits and bobs for both inside and outside the cage so both my birbs can play. Now that it's warmer and with the play top, I can finally use the fountain I got for my birds so they can cool off and have a bath whenever they please.

And JoJo is enjoying his treat block. Gonna be interesting to see how he reacts to his new cage though. Gonna have to find a new way to cover it at night. I'm thinking a fleece blanket or old towel and a few magnets.

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
I just read through your thread, and it sounds like you’ve had an amazing journey with JoJo, and that he’s well bonded to you and loves you . I really hope that I can have that kind of experience with a bird someday.

Wishing you the best of luck for the future!

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
You have no idea how bonded he is to me. He hates everyone else. My mom can't touch him without him trying to get a piece. He will tolerate her to a point and will go to her but he will not let her touch him. He accepts treats from my mom but not because he likes her or anything. It's so funny. With me, on the other hand, I can pluck him up and walk around with him ice cream cone style he doesn't give a toot. Well, actually he does, because he 'farts'. He'll even let me put him on his back and he'll play with his feet. He cuddles into my hand and when I bring him out, he goes right up under my chin and purrs. He legit purrs.

I love JoJo so damn much. Though he does get on my nerves a bit when I want to nap. Pillows are a blessing. Maybe I should invest in those ear protection headphone things construction workers use. Or earplugs. Maybe both.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo's new cage is on it's way! It will be here by Friday. It's gonna be a trip to put together. Then I'm gonna scrub the holy crap out of the cage JoJo is in so I can move Sweetie into it. Then it will be moving a couple things around and letting the featherbutts settle in to their new, bigger living spaces.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo's new cage is on it's way but it's nerve wracking. I'm watching the package tracking like a hawk and it's starting to drive me nuts. I know it will get here but still. Doesn't help that I'm seriously sleep deprived.

Someone send help. I'm gonna start turning into a looney toon that's gone insane.

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
JoJo's new cage is on it's way but it's nerve wracking. I'm watching the package tracking like a hawk and it's starting to drive me nuts. I know it will get here but still. Doesn't help that I'm seriously sleep deprived.

Someone send help. I'm gonna start turning into a looney toon that's gone insane.
That’s me with every package of bird stuff
I just pass the time by looking exactly where it’s going to go, and talking to my bird about it. She thinks I’m nuts.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
The cage arrived just as I posted my last post :p. I spent the last 2 hours putting it together and well....

Check out JoJo's new crib! He's in it and exploring the new huge living space he's got now. He's not exactly sure what to do with it yet but he's got his favorite food and what's left of his treat block to occupy him as he gets used to his new amazing home. Now I just need to gradually add more toys and perches and he'll have a mansion.
JoJos New Crib.jpg

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Poor JoJo. He's so unsure about his new cage. Scared even. Maybe I should cover him partially. Give him his own space away from the rest of the room but still let him be able to see me. I think having a larger space all to himself and it being brand new is bothering him a bit and stressing him out. Yeah. I think I'll cover half his cage up. Maybe that will help him to adjust.