• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Joining the Club

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
You make me want to care for a flock :heart: :heart: :heart: it really sounds like flock dynamics help your birds make sense of the world and their place in it, provided they have the personal space to work things out...

I wonder if there's something in the zebras' brains that recognizes their budgie neighbors??

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Love it! I like your perches. I bet you gathered the wood and made the branches into perches yourself? Its a fun thing to do.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Love it! I like your perches. I bet you gathered the wood and made the branches into perches yourself? Its a fun thing to do.
I do, and yes it is. These are Ash, from a tree at the back of my block. Never treated and far enough away from traffic.
The tree surgeons are due this year so I should be getting some fresh stock to dry for next year. They know what the branches are for so make some good choices.

Solly

Strolling the yard
Awwwh that’s great news! They look so relaxed there. Happy Days :)

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
3 weeks now and no dramas. I let them all fly together and Bonnie and Clyde decided to join the budgies in large cage.
Boundaries have been set. Roosting is in seperate areas of course but the one big surprise is that Pepper and Silva will readily share a seed dish with them - I'm really grateful for the (too) large seed dishes. When they're out they fly and explore together.
It's not what I was expecting but it's everything I was hoping for. The only thing I'll have to be ready for is the budgies' next hormonal season.
View attachment 390402
Well, hello cutie “budgies” :swoon:
I love the expressions on their faces!