• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Johari is TALKING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I have a 17 month old green cheeked conure (Gussie) whose favorite word is "baby". Several times this week end I heard "baby" but not coming from where Gussie was. I just figured my aging ears were having sound localization problems. But just now I heard it again....repeatedly....while Gussie was sitting on my knee preening herself. It's Johari, my 3 month old Lovebird! And she sounds exactly like Gussie. What a smart little baby! :heart:

Attachments

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Oh, I should have mentioned...that's Gussie's cage she's in. She escaped from her own cage, in another room, while supposedly in QT, and marched herself through the apartment & into Gussie's cage, while Gussie was out playing with me! I swear, the look on her face is saying, "What!!!"

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
LOL Caught in the act!!! Guilty!

Sarin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
Haha! That must be a nice little surprise for you. :D It's always such a joy when you hear them talk for the first time!!

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
That is so cool! I didn't know lovebirds could talk!! I've never heard it!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I have a 17 month old green cheeked conure (Gussie) whose favorite word is "baby". Several times this week end I heard "baby" but not coming from where Gussie was. I just figured my aging ears were having sound localization problems. But just now I heard it again....repeatedly....while Gussie was sitting on my knee preening herself. It's Johari, my 3 month old Lovebird! And she sounds exactly like Gussie. What a smart little baby! :heart:
Oh my gosh, she is so so cute:)

Vicki

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
WOW! what a cute lovebird!

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Adorable and smart!!!

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Oh how cute! I've been looking at Tamara and Rodney's site and falling in love with their babies.

Johari is beautiful! :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
smart and cute as all get out!!!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Wow you have a talker. Very rare.

Ginger

Jacqi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jacqi
I had never heard of a lovie talking either. How precious! She's a clever little thing with her talking, mimicking AND escaping! hehe

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
You gotta love it, when you least expect it! :dancing:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I assumed they could talk, since parrotlets can. But it is rare. Congrats :)

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
WTG Johari:dance4::dance4::dance4:

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I used to think they couldn't talk, too. So when my first (male) lovie didn't talk I thought nothing of it. But my second lovie, a hen, started using the vocal quality that my budgies used when they talked. I told the vet it sounded almost like she was trying to talk. He said, "She probably is." "But lovebirds can't talk!" I said. "Yes they can." he replied. "They just can't talk very well":hehe: Since then I've "met" a number of talking lovies...all of them hens, and none with a large vocabulary. Buddy, my first talking lovie, had only one word in human, but she did make budgie noises when I got her (should have been my first clue, doh) and learned to peep like my canary. (The canary also learned to give the lovies' "Come and let me out of my cage now!" squawk) so I said Buddy was multilingual. :rofl: But she didn't learn her word (also "baby") until about 3 years old. Johari is only 3 monthsold & has been out of QT less than a month. I didn't think I'd be lucky enough to have 2 out of my 3 lovies turn out to be talkers. So now I have a GCC that talks, a Fischer's Lovebird who talks and does GCC impressions (started that yesterday) and a canary that does lovebird impressions. I'm a pediatric speech therapist, so I guess you could say this is a very vocal flock! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I used to think they couldn't talk, too. So when my first (male) lovie didn't talk I thought nothing of it. But my second lovie, a hen, started using the vocal quality that my budgies used when they talked. I told the vet it sounded almost like she was trying to talk. He said, "She probably is." "But lovebirds can't talk!" I said. "Yes they can." he replied. "They just can't talk very well":hehe: Since then I've "met" a number of talking lovies...all of them hens, and none with a large vocabulary. Buddy, my first talking lovie, had only one word in human, but she did make budgie noises when I got her (should have been my first clue, doh) and learned to peep like my canary. (The canary also learned to give the lovies' "Come and let me out of my cage now!" squawk) so I said Buddy was multilingual. :rofl: But she didn't learn her word (also "baby") until about 3 years old. Johari is only 3 monthsold & has been out of QT less than a month. I didn't think I'd be lucky enough to have 2 out of my 3 lovies turn out to be talkers. So now I have a GCC that talks, a Fischer's Lovebird who talks and does GCC impressions (started that yesterday) and a canary that does lovebird impressions. I'm a pediatric speech therapist, so I guess you could say this is a very vocal flock! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
yes, you have a very vocal flock :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.