• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jenks, Toot, and Sulley

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Teckechick i didnt want to highjack Terrys thread anymore do you have pics of Jenks and Toot i dont know if i have seen them.

:)

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Here are the boys!
B0A71F89-902F-444D-9A8A-E01F290AEC48.jpeg AE901165-4C68-4FC8-884C-D01824E605C2.jpeg 500A6BC3-28E7-47A8-9DD1-35DDB0D212CF.jpeg 8B6099C7-2807-4A58-A609-99D7D6CA7A62.jpeg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for that...
Do they get along ok ?

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Nope they go after each other if they get to close to each other. They can be out at the same time but I can’t let them get to close. I can tell body language wise if one of them is going get testy with the other. I think they will eventually get along but Toot is the new kid on the block and Jenks is very spoiled so he needs to learn to share. :wasntme: :lol:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nope they go after each other if they get to close to each other. They can be out at the same time but I can’t let them get to close. I can tell body language wise if one of them is going get testy with the other. I think they will eventually get along but Toot is the new kid on the block and Jenks is very spoiled so he needs to learn to share. :wasntme: :lol:
How old are they both ?

Mojo has been ok sharing until this week and she became quite aggresive and i had to intervene

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They’re adorable! I keep thinking Hobs needs a friend but I don’t have a good setup if they don’t get along. My spoiled baby already takes up half the living room!
As soon as i got Mojo i knew i wanted more conures the plan was to get a turqoise next Feb ( the breeder i got Mojo from will be breeding in Dec ) however he had a lovely little yellow side on his website for months with no one showing any interest so i asked if i could take her and i have no regrets.
Space wise things are tight at the moment as i have a 650 litre fishtank in the living room the birds will be going in the alcove the tank is in once i have sold it.
There are different challenges having two birds but for me absolutely worth it.

When they are out Mojo is no longer as velcro as she has KiKi but she still checks in with me periodically.

KiKi is much more nervy than Mojo but is learning from Mojo and she is also checking in now.

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
How old are they both ?

Mojo has been ok sharing until this week and she became quite aggresive and i had to intervene
We have had Jenks for 3 1/2 years. He was a rehome so not positive on his age. We think he was about 2 when he came to us. So as a guess he is going on 6. Toot was a breeder bird and he is 14. We adopted Toot last year when the breeder gave up the birds to retire. Toot’s mate had died and he was the last one of the breeder birds left at the rescue.

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
They’re adorable! I keep thinking Hobs needs a friend but I don’t have a good setup if they don’t get along. My spoiled baby already takes up half the living room!
It can for sure be a juggle if they don’t get along. There are lots of positives too though. Jenks is a bit more mellow and independent now. Even though they don’t get along as far as physical closeness they do enjoy the company of another flock mate. We work so I was always worried Jenks was getting lonely. I don’t feel that way any more because they keep each other company during the day.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It can for sure be a juggle if they don’t get along. There are lots of positives too though. Jenks is a bit more mellow and independent now. Even though they don’t get along as far as physical closeness they do enjoy the company of another flock mate. We work so I was always worried Jenks was getting lonely. I don’t feel that way any more because they keep each other company during the day.
They definately keep each other company

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh they are so adorable! I had never seen them either,so happy to finally put those adorable faces to the names :heart:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
If you want to chat on my threads I don't have a problem with it. I'm still sorting out the dynamics with the flock I have here and hoping someone steps up for the fosters though Kiwi is growing on us.
Ya got some beautiful Conures there :xflove:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They dont share a cage but get on most of the time :)
I have had to split them up 3 or 4 times by getting my hand between them both.
I do know i am lucky that they both get on i done as much reading and asked a lot of questions and was well prepared however this didnt mean they where going to get along.

20211106_173943.jpg 20211106_174228.jpg 20211106_174309.jpg 20211106_174221.jpg

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
Those preening pictures are the cutest!

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. We have a bonded pair of budgies, but just the sole GCC, so while Argo has a birdie flock, I'm not sure it's the same?? It seems like even numbers of birds work better, which would be another reason to get a 4th. However, he is still wee and definitely bonded to the human flock members, so we aren't having any issues right now. Pretty sure my hubby would lose his mind if I suggested any more birds at the moment, lol.

Please keep the stories of "sibling" GCCs coming though, they will be great to reference when we are ready to make that decision!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
So much cuteness! Two questions is that shirt in the first pic from ThePeachyInkPress? Second I love your Java tree! I thought mine was pretty epic but yours is fabulous!
Yep that shirt is from PINK!!!! I have a few of them. Great quality shirts. I love the tree as well. I wanted one for a while and when we bought this house I finally had room for one and bought it.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So much cuteness! Two questions is that shirt in the first pic from ThePeachyInkPress? Second I love your Java tree! I thought mine was pretty epic but yours is fabulous!
The jave tree is epic the price of them in the uk is ridiculous.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The jave tree is epic the price of them in the uk is ridiculous.
I can't even imagine I think they are pretty rare over there no?