• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Jenday conure

Lucky the

Moving in
Real Name
Miraluna
Hi i own a JENDAY for 2yrs already he is a freely parrot but then he is always bite people and just today he bit my finger when i about to bring him out and it's so damn pain we can't hold him in a daylight unless we trick him, at night he will come and ask me to cuddle him and he like to play with plastic bags and all the nonsense things we bought him toy he won't play and everytime we go for fly there is 3 people he always attack today i feel sad that i slapped him and nowadays he always so noisy specially in the afternoon he is only one and only parrot we have and i may scared to take another one i can't take it the noise

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. Your bird is very cute. I'm sorry he's biting. Is this something new? He may be hormonal if so. You can try getting him to step up on a perch if he's biting when he is stepping up. And I know if can get frustrating but negative reinforcement doesn't work and you can really hurt your bird . It's better to reward good behavior.

Lucky the

Moving in
Real Name
Miraluna
Welcome to the forum. Your bird is very cute. I'm sorry he's biting. Is this something new? He may be hormonal if so. You can try getting him to step up on a perch if he's biting when he is stepping up. And I know if can get frustrating but negative reinforcement doesn't work and you can really hurt your bird . It's better to reward good behavior.
It could be he has this toy he like to play with pushing around the floor and i don't what he doing but seems that he he doing something on it but i very regret slapping him he always melt my heart

Gokha

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Gaukharay
About the noise...sun conures are known to be noisy as they scream when excited or angry :D maybe you could try positive reinforcement to minimize the screams, but it’ll never go away cause it’s in their nature.
Try googling positive reinforcement bird training (something like that), there are many youtube videos as well. Very cute lovely bird you have :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Maybe this link will help; Free Training Resources

Please do not ever hurt, push or physically punish your bird.

Also, if you cannot handle the noise, do not get another bird.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden